1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stable Open Sourse Social Network script

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kalseo, Dec 17, 2009.

Hi DP members,

I am thinking to establish a niche social network/dating website and I am searching for stable open source script that potentially can hold a large number of users.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Kal

kalseo, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  2. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Kalseo,

A lot of people will say "go custom", using joomla or drupal. My advice is the following: get a script 100% open source, with a developer community around it and get them to customize it for you. You'll spend a bit of money on the script, and if you can't code it yourself, you'll have plenty of willing developers to assist you.

In that respect, please take a look at the latest version of Boonex Dolphin. It has come along way and comes with a developers community, 100% open source and free trial of the version with Boonex advertising. It would be a shame not to try it.

It is definitely capable of holding large numbers of members. If you need more advice, feel free to contact me.

JoeOFarrel, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  3. A.G

A.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A.G, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  4. Andrei_RO

Andrei_RO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had pretty good experience with love factory , a joomla cms extension that allows you to create a dating/ social networking website. It's dating oriented, but you can disable the dating features and use it as a social platform.

Andrei_RO, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  5. irishcoder

irishcoder Member

Best Answers:
    has anyone tried http://chameleon.startsocialnetwork.com ?
    looks quite impressive to say the least. boonex looks like a piece of s..t if we compare the two

irishcoder, May 16, 2010 IP