1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starring/Ranking System on website ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by CLS1321, Jul 18, 2009.

I want to add a starring or ranking system to my site where I can play one next to each game and people can rank the game. Is there any way to go about this ?

if it helps im using a program called "concrete5" to make my site.

CLS1321, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  2. CLS1321

CLS1321 Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone =( ?

CLS1321, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  3. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Word on the street is that Concrete5 is a CMS to watch, as some folks have left Joomla for this platform. I've also read very good things about it, and played with it a bit recently.

From the tone of your post, however, it sounds like you are looking for "right now" solutions. Unfortunately, at least from what I've seen, Concrete5 doesn't have that many modules/plugins readily available. If I remember correctly, C5 used to be a commercial CMS, which may explain the lack of a large extension base.

Your primary choices are to either 1) Get familiar with the Concrete5 API and roll your own extensions or 2) Use a platform that already has a ton of plugins readily available for you to use. If you have the time, and, based on your needs for your project, if you truly believe Concrete5 is the way to go, then by all means dig in and learn how to extend that CMS. :) However, if you want to get up and going quickly, the more realistic approach is to get something that already has what you need.

I don't know how far you are in your site development. If you haven't gotten in too deeply, I would strongly recommend that you stop now and map out your site goals and features. This is the best way to make sure that you choose the best CMS for you and that project. Remember, when selecting a CMS, the solution must fit the problem, not the other way around.

Bratzilla, Jul 18, 2009 IP
  4. Rodder7

Rodder7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rodder7, Jul 19, 2009 IP