1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Start my own LLC in the US as foreigner

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Konstantinos88, Feb 22, 2017.

Hi everyone and congratulations for your good forum.

This is Konstantinos. I am Greek - EU citizen, but the past two years, I have been living in Toronto, Canada (it is expected to become Canadian Permanent Resident soon).

I am planning to start my own LLC in the USA. I have already some clients who are interested in. My scientific discipline is software engineering (risk management, machine learning, data mining etc.).

Can you give me some advice about my plan?

A few questions:

1) The provider agents are very positive - optimistic that it will be easy, even though I am not American citizen. Is it so easy or there will be some serious issues in the next steps?

2) Only one person will be in this company: Me. I will be working while I will not be in the US. If I offer to an American client the service that he/she wants, including official invoice, does someone from the government care how this service produced? I mean do they care where it produced and by whom? If all the service has been completed 100% outside of America, do they care about the details how it was done? Of course I am talking about legal (software) projects (nothing illegal or curious). To ask simpler: If I a pay my taxes without doing something curious or illegal, do they really care about the details? Can I say that my company has branches somewhere else and "everything produced there"? Can an American LLC with 0 (American) employees offer its services to American clients? Otherwise, I have to hire at least one American, or to specify who produced it and where with much detailed analysis?

3) I am thinking about California, or Washington State, or New York. What is the best state for my purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Konstantinos88, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  2. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.nvinc.com/nonusresidentsformingausbusiness.htm

eMonetize, Feb 25, 2017 IP
  3. theAPPrenticeCO

theAPPrenticeCO Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello digitalpoint.

this might be the continuation of the former question by Konstantinos from Ἑλλάς - Hellas

I started an startup, and registered as a LLC in FL.
    however I'm in a hurry finding tax advice,
    phoned some "classical" CPAs and they are very busy attending other (bigger) customers,
    I haven’t got even a quote.
    that's whay I'm looking for a "tax service for startups", trying to avoid tax problems in the near future.

Appreciate your insights

theAPPrenticeCO, Apr 21, 2017 IP