1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a Dating Site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GamesPond, Apr 2, 2010.

How can I get people to join my site to get some numbers up? I have 7 members so far but I dont want to start promoting it till i get some numbers up.

How did you go about it if you own a dating site?
    Whats a good and fast way to get people to sign up?

Once I have a few members I will be right cause I will start investing some money into it.

Cheers

GamesPond, Apr 2, 2010 IP
  2. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They will join to your site, if it is interesting for people. You may add a forum to your site and post there interesting topics (dating subject).. like love stories, love poems or quotes.. wedding ideas and etc. People will read them and propably they will want to answer.. to answer on your forum they will have to sign up to your site..

WorksForWeb, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  3. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if I agree with the above post. I have a dating site that now averages between 200 and 250 new members a day. Almost nobody uses the forums. I used to try to keep them going myself by posting on "interesting topics", but most people come only to check out the profiles, instant message, and chat in the chat rooms. I get a few new people a day writing blogs, but not many in the forums. Not sure why. I'm not saying "don't use your forums", just don't rely too much on them bringing you members.

I would work hard on SEO... mainly on linking building. The reality is it will probably take a year of work before your site starts getting a steady flow of traffic. Try to attain about 30 quality and relevant links a months, using a variety of your keywords in the anchor text. You may want to consider PPC advertising in the meantime, but it does really get expensive after a while. Best of luck!

jasonvan, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  4. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow thank you very much Jasonvan, great advice will take that in and work on it. Yes by the looks of it a year sounds like the minimum before any good results are noticable.
    Link building is sooooo boring but it has to be done. Thanks again mate, would be great to network with you in the future if you get time..

Waza

GamesPond, Apr 9, 2010 IP