1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a graphic/web design business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lolage, May 10, 2011.

After thinking/talking about this for so long I'm going to take the plunge. I just want your opinion on what to do regarding programming.

I can do all the design/html/css but I have no programming knowledge and I don't plan to learn as I just find programming tedious. I have 3 options:
      1. Find a programmer who wants to work with me, I'll find most of the clients - he can be part of the "team" and he will do all the backend/code while I sort web design/logo/html/css
      2. Outsource a programmer for each project
      3. Forget web design, and just concentrate on design

I don't really want to forget competely about web design, as my main aim is to offer services to small businesses locally who have no online presense/bad logo etc.

Any advise would be appriciated! Thanks

lolage, May 10, 2011 IP
  2. PinoyEngine™

PinoyEngine™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can't trust anyone. That's your design and you must also take part on how will it be used. Code it, it will give you more opportunity and credibility.

PinoyEngine™, May 10, 2011 IP
  3. lolage

lolage Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, can't trust anyone? Are you saying all the successful busineses out there are a 1 man band due to them not being able to trust any of their colleagues?

lolage, May 10, 2011 IP
  4. stach14

stach14 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend finding someone to work with you. Having to find a new programmer for each project sounds like it will get old and nonproductive rather quickly. Best option would be for you to find a partner/employee that will be there for all the projects and can grow as your business grows.

At some point you will need to trust people or you will never get off the ground...

stach14, May 10, 2011 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Outsource a programmer for each project is the best option

jhardy2008, May 10, 2011 IP
  6. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to focus on business development and outsource the design or development work to capable designers or developers. Most of the web design companies run this way, You need to manage things not to do on your own. If you will start doing all things on your own you will be overloaded with work.

Be a smart guy who just do management.

Icecube_media, Sep 27, 2011 IP
  7. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Just offer designs only with html/css coding for the web templates. Build a clientbase, and if you feel like it learn some programming languages.

cheesee, Sep 28, 2011 IP