1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a Local Web Design Business - Tips

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MiletNZ, Feb 19, 2011.

Hello all.

I am thinking of starting up a Web Design business (part-time) and hope to offer my services to businesses in the Local Community. There isn't much competition in my area and I know of a lot of businesses that do not currently utilize the internet as a form of Marketing.

I have a Business Partner that has had a lot of experience in sales, the plan is; to get a list of local businesses with out web sites and to cold call them and offer to build them a website.

Is anybody here currently doing this? Do you have any tips for me?

As I am targeting customers that are currently not on the WWW, the majority of them will not me computer Savvy so the CMS I will be using on all work will be Wordpress, is this a sufficient CMS to be using in professional work?

So is there anyone out there with vital information that I should know before leaping in to this market?

Thanks
    Milet

MiletNZ, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  2. chetankumar20

chetankumar20 Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is not much competition in your local area then you can utilize it completely. However convince customer for your services would be tough work. I would suggest to use Joomla for website design.

chetankumar20, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  3. sprks79

sprks79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, joomla will be the best for standard sites. Make sure you offer value and the business will come.

sprks79, Feb 22, 2011 IP