1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting A Membership Site - I Need Help And Input

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by coreygeer, Sep 12, 2008.

I've seen a few posts through a Google search about starting a membership site through Joomla, I just have a few questions about this.

#1 - How complicated is Joomla to set up and use? I'm no HTML expert and I only know VERY basic and simple HTML commands but not enough to manually code a site or a script for that matter. So, I am asking how much expertise is it to use Joomla for something such as a membership site?

#2 - Do you need any add ons/extensions for this type of site?

#3 - What else do I need to know about Joomla to make it work with a membership site?

I have Host Gator which has Joomla integrated into it already and ready for use, but if this isn't something I can use, then can anyone direct me to a site that has the essential tools and stuff I need to build a membership site? I've never done anything like this before and I'm completely re-doing my main website.

coreygeer, Sep 12, 2008 IP