1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a new business - Need your thoughts and experience

Discussion in 'General Business' started by simamura, Dec 19, 2012.

Hello.

I'm starting a new online business and need some help.

So, Inposted is an online service which allows users to view only interesting information. Thus, people will not be annoyed by stuff they don't need and spam.
    Service helps people to be well posted about latest news, events etc. At the same time users can filter all available information according to their preferences.
    Basically, it works like a Twitter, but you follow interests instead of people.

First of all I want you to give a feedback about this service. What you like and don't like? Do you use similar service? If not, why? Will you use this service? (Again, if not, why?)
    And secondly I want to know whether people will use such service for advertising or not. What is the best business model and price?
    Also, I created this site mainly for USA people, but I live in Europe. So, I want to ask what is the best way to contact potential clients and customers?

Note, I DO NOT advertise my site. I just want to know opinions of other people.

Site is http://www.inposted.com

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
    Paul

simamura, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  2. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally think you should make a more detailed landing page.... If it's not about making money, most people aren't going to just give up their email address. You may want to open it up and create a popup that entices them want to join your site

Just an idea.. Sounds like a great concept though...

DennisKnows, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  3. madhur16

madhur16 Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all Visitors search on Google to read some article, blogs as per there interest area,So your attempt is great that is obvious, As you are comparing these site with twitter which is something above expectations. But I am sure I would like to use this service and to get update with the information in which I am personally interested.

madhur16, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  4. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Business is one of the most popular term in which many people are interested and also there are many benefits that we can get from doing a business.Business is a popular kind of way for making a money and the general purpose behind doing a business is to make a huge profit in it.

gregortarquin, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  5. capital2012

capital2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Business is the popular kind of way for making money and people are interested and also there are many benefits .

capital2012, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  6. msaimon

msaimon Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is a great service. I'm waiting the date of launching. Then I will tell my opinion in detail.

msaimon, Dec 22, 2012 IP
    simamura likes this.
  7. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should have some categorization within the site so people wont get lost and confused with all the information that will be presented on it

aira, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  8. jakejoh10

jakejoh10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cool idea.

But, as a visitor, I'm not just going to give you my email address if I don't have a clear idea of what I'm getting out of it.

There are so many spammers out there that people are going to be more careful with where they enter their email. So give as much info as possible.

Jake

jakejoh10, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  9. simamura

simamura Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply. I'm planning to create very detailed categorization so people can choose very precise Interests/Categories

simamura, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  10. simamura

simamura Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will fix it.

simamura, Dec 22, 2012 IP
  11. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think instead of our reactions, you should test it with paying adwords for a bit, how the market reacts to what your offering. After that, decide early on if its worth the time.

James Byun, Dec 22, 2012 IP