1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a new startup. unsure about CMS. Suggest.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ritwick123, Jul 16, 2013.

Hello,

I’m starting to build a startup as kind of a project with my team to enable users to sell their used stuff ( a variation of it actually).

Now i use WordPress for most of my sites (after shifting from joomla) as it's so simple. Now as the website would be unique in many aspects we need to use php code with mysql as database. Now my question is that how would i integrate php with WordPress since i need the best of both as WordPress plugins would be very helpful. How to edit WordPress and how do i proceed. Does unique startups with unique functionalities use WordPress and how ?

Any help would be highly appreciated. thanks.

ritwick123, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  2. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on what you need exactly, i think you will need to hire a wp developer to do what you need if you can't do it yourself, via custom plugins or via customizing your theme functionality.

homer7, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  3. netdriver788

netdriver788 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes as mentioned above you need a professional php coder to integrate it into wordpress. Though wordpress is easily customizable there are some specific scripts like magento which allow users to sell products.You can also check ubercart (drupal module) .

netdriver788, Jul 17, 2013 IP