1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a Small Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by swordude, Nov 8, 2013.

I'm looking to create a small business, along with 1-3 other people. The purpose would be to offer article writing, video production, and logo design services. I've registered a domain, gmail account, and ensured the desired "company" name isn't taken. Now, I'm wondering what my next step for getting "legit" should be.

- Can I create a PayPal business account right now?
    - Would I need to create a "DBA" name? Or would that not be enough for what I plan to do?
    - Is there any online resources available for registering with any necessary things?

swordude, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  2. kantus

kantus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you plan on registering your new business? I believe a PayPal Business account would require your business to be legally registered.

kantus, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  3. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you from the United States? If so, you need to actually incorporate the business (and it sounds like, for what you're doing, an LLC would be perfect). Registering a company requires you to file paperwork with your Secretary of State and you can either find the forms on their site, hire a lawyer, or go through one of those corporation-formation companies. I would recommend the last option to ensure you get it done correctly and they usually aren't terribly expensive either. DBA means 'Doing Business As' (often called a Fictitious Name) and that would be used if, for example, you register your company as 'SwordDude LLC' and decide to market yourself as anything that differs from that name... you wouldn't file a DBA unless you need to, and you can't file it if you aren't legally registered. Once you've registered your company legally, you'll get an EIN (Employer Identification Number) from the Internal Revenue Service and you'll use that tax ID when making a PayPal business account.

Let me know if this helps.

PhiladelphiaIM, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  4. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would recommend a getting a virtual number at a minimum or you could go the extra mile and get virtual phone system for your team, of course I will recommend www.valuetelcom.com

ufshane, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    - It doesn't matter in which order you create your business Paypal account. Just create the account under the email address that you wish to be used for receiving payments. Then when you get the widget, that email address will be part of the code. (By the way, if I remember this right, you will be limited how much you can transfer to your bank account until you submit your SS # (or whatever is required in other countries) and a valid backup credit card.

- DBA is not necessary, at least, not in the outset. Grow your business first, once it's up and humming then you can start working on those things.

- I don't think you need to waste your time trademarking or copyrighting your business as of now. Grow your business first.

qwikad.com, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  6. alandavid

alandavid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think first you register your account then you open your paypal account and then proceed the further step.

alandavid, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  7. Techking

Techking Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @swordude : If you interested ,i have good offer for you & will help you in every step.Please come on skype .

Thanks

Techking, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  8. Andrew M. Warner

Andrew M. Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly, I think your next step would be to register your business legally. It's too risky these days to try to operate a business and not have it registered. And especially if you don't register it and you start making money, the tax man can come after you (actually I think they can audit you within 5 years) so even if they don't do anything now, they have 5 years to question any potential money made or not.

Anyway, I think the next step is just to register the business and then MAKE SURE to have a business bank account. Shouldn't use a personal bank account for business.

Andrew M. Warner, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  9. Rishit Shah

Rishit Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think creating a PayPal business account is all what you need at that start up. PayPal business account needs your business documents as well as a bank account in the name of the business.

Rishit Shah, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  10. brettb

brettb Peon

Best Answers:
    Been in business for 11 years and never been audited. The risks are overstated.

A bigger risk for you is that you're entering a saturated niche. Good luck.

brettb, Nov 12, 2013 IP
  11. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    well wishes for starting a new business.
    yes.
    Not . necessary.

dean1122, Nov 13, 2013 IP