1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

starting a used parts business online

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ekracer98, Dec 30, 2010.

I buy wrecked cars mainly Hondas and Acuras then part them out and sell the parts online just started i wanted to know if/what are some legal stuff i should check into to do this kind of business.

I also do affiliate marketing with cj only question is should i have waited to place links after i have gotten some website traffic?

ekracer98, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  2. webrec

webrec Member

Best Answers:
    Most places wont accept you if you dont have traffic already.

Get a business license, check into your state as far as taxes (most states only require taxes being collected on instate purchases, although some states are starting to push that ALL sales you do be collected, again - check with your state) Theres nothing really "legal" you need to look into, theres nothing wrong with buying used cars and parting them out.

Great tool I tell people about is get a web host with cpanel w/ fantastico. There are some shopping cart scripts free to install that will not only allow you to build your online shopping site, but they will also allow you to manage inventory and more. Costs nothing to setup, cant beat that for a small start up where saving every nickle counts ... but remember, in business: It takes money to make money.

webrec, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  3. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    With used auto parts you want to accurately describe the part (this information you properly already know) plus make sure that none of the parts have been recalled by the manufacturer depending upon the make and model of the car. Also provide plenty of pictures for potential buyes and as webrec has mentioned make sure you're in compliance with your States tax laws and city or county's business operating regulations.

muffet, Jan 16, 2011 IP