1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting a website, what to use? HTML site or WordPress?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Xin, Jul 12, 2010.

Which one is better? My website will most likely have a few updates every once in a while but I am not sure which one is better to use.

WordPress doesn't seem easy for me to customize unless I find or buy an unique template. While HTML will require a lot of manual updating and such.

Which method is more frequently used? What do you suggest?

Thanks a lot :)

Xin, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. createdevelop

createdevelop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I think that depends on how proficient you are an dhow patient you are. If you are prepared to have a go at HTML, then I think you should be ok at making most change to Wordpress.

createdevelop, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Xin!

If your site is going to have a lot of content, I recommend you to use WordPress. Yes, premium themes cost you some amount of money, but you can actually try free online tools and software that can transform your web design into Wordpress theme easy.

In the other hand, if you rarely update your site, go for HTML as it is easier on your or your hosting provider's web servers.

noobpreneur, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  4. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress will add some good features on your website like comment, trackback etc
    WordPress will also make your website categorization and navigation easy.
    There are lots of good free wordpress templates, or you can but a premium wordpress theme for around 25$ at themeforest.net

aap, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  5. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    I think wordpress is better than HTML site. You can modify it easily and there are so many great plugin that you can use to optimization your site

googlecrawl, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  6. kadeko_edogawa

kadeko_edogawa Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree and so helpful for a newbie, so wordpress is recommended

kadeko_edogawa, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  7. CurvyNation

CurvyNation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with wordpress. It's SO easy to do and with all the extras you can put on it...it's really no stopping. And, when I visit websites, I like all the extras and the fact that I can leave a comment.

CurvyNation, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  8. Sandino

Sandino Peon

Best Answers:
    well it depends what you want to do.
    most of the time wordpress is used for blogs, but then again alot of nice sites are known to use them.
    It all depends if you want to code your own site, or want to have somewhere to start off from.

Sandino, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  9. DanaS

DanaS Member

Best Answers:
    I love wordpress for all of the reasons listed above - but it can be a pain staying on top of all of the updates. Whenever the updates occur, it can also impact the plugins; and not all of the plugins are updated at the same time - so there's compatibility issues. Although it's very easy to add content, there is still some technical know-how required.

I think HTML sites are better if you don't plan to add a lot of on-going new content.

I will say that the big G still seems to love Blogs - especially those that are updated regularly.

DanaS, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  10. Noddegamra

Noddegamra Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is cheap and quick to setup. It's also very professional and flexible.
    Most WordPress sites I setup also seem to rank high and fast in Google.

Noddegamra, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  11. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is not so easy like html, because mostly people dont know how to modify wordpress template. If you are blogging, then use wordpress or else use html content.

earnincome, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  12. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to do it for the long haul, I will stick with HTML because it is more flexible and you can change and add things, so ad placement.. instead of being limited by what wp provides.. all my websites are hand crafted... but if html/javascript is not your thing, you may stick with wp

webbmaster, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  13. Joeri

Joeri Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you making. If you want to make a blog you should use wordpress and if you want to make a landing page you should make a HTML website. You can make a wordpress blog and lead that traffic to your landing page.

Joeri, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  14. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, Wordpress would be the best. The reason behind it is because it is really good in SEO and can get your site ranked quickly. A HTML website would need lot of customizations and lot's of SEO work.

Serious Workers, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with the others wordpress is great for seo reasons and so simple to use.

mikeyg, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  16. netbuzz

netbuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress all the way... As others said, it's great for SEO (Google loves blogs) and it's easy to customize. Many premium themes let you fine-tune Wordpress so you can use it for sales sites, affiliate product review sites, etc. Flexibility Theme is great free theme that gives you control over many design elements without having to edit the theme files.

netbuzz, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  17. Oskar28

Oskar28 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress, easy to set up plus a lot of useful plug-ins that can be installed for free.. Try it your self..

Oskar28, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  18. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are well versed with html, then I would prefer to go with wordpress. As wordpress has lots more features under its belt, you can have some different designs and innovations for your site/blog.

China_girl, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  19. Hermawan.Solihin

Hermawan.Solihin Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally recommend Wordpress, why ?

1. It's relatively easy and quick to setup and update than HTML format even for a newbie
    2. It's Google friendly, meaning it's easy to get a good rank in Google
    3. The most common program when it comes to blogging and almost every hosting company support it

Hermawan.Solihin, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  20. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well I think there is no big difference because in both cases you will have to get the website online using a theme that fits your topic. Afterwards you will also have to invest time for updating no matter if you are using wordpress or a html site. But if you are planning regular updates I would go for wordpress or another CMS because you will also be able to update without an ftp client and from all over the internet.

Sensei.Design, Jul 24, 2010 IP