1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting an Online Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by maddie^_^, Aug 1, 2011.

1. karenconnell

karenconnell Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Maddie,An offline business is where you are providing services to the local business sector i.e. building websites, offering SEO etc. An online business is where all your dealings are on the interent.RegardsKaren

karenconnell, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  2. pritesh3232

pritesh3232 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be short , it entirely depends on what type of website or business you got to open ..online , we can start a business anywhere from 15$ - 20k$/business..

pritesh3232, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  3. sagart8379

sagart8379 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to follow simple steps:
    1. If you can do it yourself, borrow a nice but simple template and develop your own website. You can very well start with basic site which does not offer any frills but is functional. Ensure you have your own domain name as this is now a commodity rather than luxury.

2. Explain your business model (as someone said earlier, this is the most trickiest part) in simple yet correct language.

3. If you want to transact through the website, ensure you get reliable payment gateway.

4. Start your business. Let it reap...

5. Once you earn a couple of bucks, then plan to take professional assistance and grow your business...

sagart8379, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  4. Basanta

Basanta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your skills and experience in which domain you are expert, accordingly you have to do the needful action in online business otherwise it will be too top to gain ROI.

Basanta, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  5. chaujka

chaujka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can start the business with as little as $200 (sometimes even less). All you need to do is, for instance, to identify a web design service that offers to make you a website with guaranteed start-up targeted traffic to it(I know a service that guarantees you over $1000+ right from month one if you buy their web design service starting at only $199. They help you to make the site, monetize it and then they send start up traffic of between 500-1000 targeted visitors per day to your site for the first 30 days. With adsense alone, you can make up to $2000 that first month. You actually choose the business/niche, the monetization methods you want or use their suggestions, and also the way you want your site to look like).

This can help you to raise enough capital (and profits) right from your very first month. This way, now you can be able to explore, using your profits, and with lesser risk, other areas you can make an online business on.

I can send you the link to this service if interested. PM me if you need the link.

chaujka, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  6. balexander26

balexander26 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is my first post on this forum. I was browsing some keywords on google and found this thread. I won't take up too much space here, but if you are looking to start a web business there is one place that I always recommend people and that is with Chris Farrell. You can download his free eBook "Create Your First Website by 3:45 This Afternoon" at hxxp://www.makeapagetoday.com. Hope this helps with your endeavors.

balexander26, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  7. mint24

mint24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just an advice make sure that you have the passion on the business that your friends planning to established:). Good luck!

mint24, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  8. maddie^_^

maddie^_^ Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you all guys for the helpful post and advice... much appreciated'

maddie^_^, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  9. target2020

target2020 Member

Best Answers:
    your websites cost depends on design and content

target2020, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  10. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How much will you need?

Blog $10 for domain (hosting on blogger)
    Directory $14.20 (for a .info and hosting)

It depends. If you really want to start making money online, find an idea that no one else has done before. I did jobs4teens nz as my first project with a friend. We didn't make anything, but we can pretty close to making quite a bit (we were just too inexperienced at the time).

sambling, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  11. pbmann1213

pbmann1213 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd rather hurt your feelings and save you from losing your time and money than smile and nod as you walk blindfolded off a cliff.

If you need ask a bunch of random people on the internet (who know NOTHING about your business) how much YOUR business will cost, there's absolutely no hope for you. Go to school for a few years, you might learn something.

pbmann1213, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  12. SSD Nodes

SSD Nodes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also look into business licenses, DBAs, and possibly forming a company (all of which cost money).

You'll need someone to prepare your taxes, as well as handle your schedule c filings.

SSD Nodes, Sep 10, 2011 IP