1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting an SEO and Online Marketing Services Business questions....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Scrilla650, Nov 10, 2010.

Hey all

If one was to start this type of company, what offerings do you think would be at the core?

-Social Media Mastery
    -SEO strategies
    -"Copy" writing
    -Adwords
    -Cross promotions and partnerships

Can one person do it or is outsourcing from the get-go? What can you expect to charge?

If anybody has any good websites to reference that would be great too.

Thanks

Scrilla650, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  2. summersgone

summersgone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

I am planning to open up a SEO service.
    I would say that outsourcing from the get-go is possible.
    Based on regular charge for SEO service in my country (indonesia), it will be at least 300-400 US for a single project.

summersgone, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  3. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    First learn SEO, implement it for about 2-3 years or till you have some top ranking sites and only then start providing SEO services

smallbusinessguy, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  4. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done both ways and made money with both...

In my first incarnation, we did all of the work ourselves in-house, but we were extremely inefficient...

I always said that if I ever did seo again, I would outsource as much as possible...

I recently setup a new site with Local Business Marketing at its core, and I am actually able to outsource 100% of the work... My time investment is filling in the form at the outsource website...

By outsourcing, you will have the freedom to grow your business, rather than struggling to deliver the desired results...

You can price from dime-store prices like you see in the forums, to SEOinc.com type expensive, or somewhere in between...

I have opted to go with a pricing model similar to that used by most offline businesses... I charge 3 times more than my actual cost, based against my most expensive outsource-cost... In some months, I will make a little more, because my costs in that month will be slightly less than average...

LinksAndTraffic, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  5. mwong

mwong Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you.
    May I know how you market to your audience in your segment? is setting up website enough?

mwong, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  6. localdominator

localdominator Peon

Best Answers:
    You should find your focus and get really good at that and partner and outsource to do all the rest. This is what I have done. I do local seo only and have for a long time. I find that the focus keeps me on target and I have never not delivered for a client yet. In doing so, it has opened up doors from other people who are looking for an expert in getting local companies to the front page of Google using Places since that is an aspect that they have not focused on but see the value in for their customers. I do most of my business though these types of arrangements. That would be my best suggestion.

localdominator, Dec 1, 2010 IP