1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting my own online business please help me....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by iScotts, Jul 1, 2010.

OK i want to start my own Penny Auction site. The problem is i don't know where to start.

what would be the best way to go about this? i tried looking for ebooks that could help but i cant find anything. So any help will be appreciated.

I want to know things like

What kind of traffic i should get and where i can find it. seeing as i cannot afford to start with one customer you might just buy everything for 1c.

iScotts, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Advertiser is looking for related traffic.

So its depend on your advertiser requirement.

As for traffic,its an market intelligent so you need to pay some money to get the information.

mentos, Jul 1, 2010 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  3. iScotts

iScotts Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok but where can i get the information?

iScotts, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  4. metrocard

metrocard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well you would have to get the website made, which will be very expensive. Afterwords you need to get the word out try adwords or something. Penny auction sites dont need advertisers since your making money from the auctions. Good luck..

metrocard, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  5. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to start a website with quality content that can attract visitors and interests them to your services, you can use pf PPC advertising. Because the money will be come back to you. In other case, you can use SEO techniques to make it popular but it needs time.

haveseo, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  6. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you still need to map out your business plan. Before you go developing a site, and putting the money into programming and what not. You need to know the how's and why's this site is supposed to be a good idea. Where the traffic is coming from, how you will get it, and so on.

Barefootsies, Jul 3, 2010 IP
    noobpreneur likes this.
  7. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    To save money on site development why not to get a auction website script and just modify that to your requirements it might be cheaper than have the whole script written from scratch.

howinfo, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  8. dollarswealth

dollarswealth Active Member

Best Answers:
    The fastest traffic source is PPC and I would suggest Google adwords. If you are low on funds, use article marketing. I can tell you, its free but very time consuming as you will have to write so many articles per day and submit to so many article directories.

dollarswealth, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  9. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you, article marketing is very good method and if you are not good with writing you can always get somebody to do it for you.

howinfo, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  10. Dynamo

Dynamo Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with barefootsies and howinfo.

I would think really hard about putting a penny site up and you MUST have a detailed business plan for this or any site. What? When? How? What time frame? Objectives?

As to scripts, howinfo stopped short of saying it, but there are penny scripts out there already. The question is: do you really want to do one? The only sites that I see operate successfully using that format are very well-funded. There are people behind them with very deep pockets and are prepared to operate at a loss for an extended period of time. I read about one site where the owners claim that over 70% of their products are sold at a loss, but the 30% make up for the losses by overpaying for the products that they "win".

From where I sit, the odds are better in Vegas... more fun too.

I wish you a lot of luck, but also caution you to think it through. It might look easy, but it's far from it.

Dynamo, Jul 3, 2010 IP
    Barefootsies likes this.
  11. webmasterz

webmasterz Peon

Best Answers:
    actually your niche is somehow not popular among internet marketers. however i did see a product on clickbank about this ... search in clickbank about
    word PENNY and you'll see it...goodluck

webmasterz, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. tonnele

tonnele Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to research the niche more. Analyze the keywords relating to it using the google keyword tool. Look at the traffic in terms of those keywords, optimize your website and have a backlinking strategy.

tonnele, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  13. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    Myongosi, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  14. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hire some good programmer to make your website you can easily get them on freelance websites. But hire professional one and don't care about price.

teckinik, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  15. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or better yet, outsource some of the work and concentrate upon your main business idea.

Ausdrez, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  16. annlight72

annlight72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Online marketing is essential to the success of your online business. It includes things like email marketing, affiliate marketing and search engine marketing (or optimisation) You need to make sure you have a marketing strategy in place and determine which methods to use (this will depend on time and budget)

annlight72, Aug 14, 2010 IP