1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting salary?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by justinae, Sep 9, 2013.

I just introduced myself in the Introductions and have a question. I'm getting back into web development and have been offered a job but not sure if the package is standard or not.

Very briefly, my skills are not cutting edge, but not antiquated either (think Frontpage). I have built custom sites in Magento, Zencart, can manipulate Javascript and PHP as needed (though don't write in them) and know CSS. I haven't used HTML5 yet nor CSS3, except we used to do a lot of the latest stuff manually.

The job is taking wordpress templates and customizing them for new websites and doing a bunch of SEO. I'm thinking it won't take me much to get the Wordpress thing down especially given my CMS history and that Wordpress has a slick online editor.

The package: Wants to hire me as a freelance contractor for first website at $20/hour then move to official employee if that goes well at same rate. No insurance benefits offered yet. It's a young company with only a few employees but they seem to be doing really well. When I left off my freelance rate was $45/hour. I know I won't get that as an employee. I've been asked to provide my salary goals and feel like $30/hr within six months is fair considering there are no benefits.

But I've been out of the game for a bit so any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers!

justinae, Sep 9, 2013 IP