1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting SEO Hosting Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Redhat77, Feb 28, 2011.

Hello DP Nation,

I am thinking about starting a hosting business that will provide a simple solution for SEOers.

What i intend to sell is a web-hosting account that will allow SEOers to host their websites on totaly isolated networks (different A, B and C class, different locations, different networks) - all from one single cPanel account.

So if you have 10 websites, you will get a single cPanel account where you can select a shared (or dedicated) IP for each of the sites. The IP addresses will be from different networks and even different countries, if needed.

Charge would be $2-$3 per domain, starting from 1 domain and up to 50-100 domains.

Do you think this kind of solution will interest SEO consultants/firms/individuals?

Thank you for your feedback!

Redhat77, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  2. chrisceo

chrisceo Peon

Best Answers:
    #1 you have to find a provider who will give you IP addresses, which are very limited now, without much justification.

#2 I have heard that the "SEO Hosting" buzz word is just that - a buzz word.

#3 There are enough VPS providers worldwide to accommodate your need for separate locations

chrisceo, Feb 28, 2011 IP
    Redhat77 likes this.
  3. Redhat77

Redhat77 Peon

Best Answers:
    @chrisceo

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.
    #1 - i am building the solution in a very special way so trust me on that one - i will have 50-100 different IP addresses easily.
    #2 - SEO hosting is a buzz word - no doubt. However, SEOers that hold 30 hosting accounts are very common and they all suffer spending HUGE amount of administration time (paying, contacting support, different logins, no way to share data between the sites etc) so the solution i am offering is not a buzz - it is a solution for a real existing problem
    #3 - If you get 20 VPS you'll end up paying ~$400 per month and spend endless amount of time on server maintenance and administration while my solution provide the exact same result for $20 and zero wasted time.

Redhat77, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if your price is competitive its a dedicated IP which mean not shared with other poeple.

mentos, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  5. Redhat77

Redhat77 Peon

Best Answers:
    @mentos - I think that $2 per domain is quite competitive especially when the packages start from single domain (and not 5 domains as with other such services).

Dedicated IP is a different topic that i still need to think of.

Thanks for the reply!

Redhat77, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  6. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    $2 per domain is indeed very competitive, depending on storage, bandwidth etc.

contentboss, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  7. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are not many host out there that can give you multiple class c addresses under one CP I have all that I could find listed here. http://www.topwebsitetips.com/multipleiphosting.aspx

It's a pretty good idea because it's a hassle having a lot of different accounts. Your're going to have a hard time securing the multiple blocks though.

adacprogramming, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  8. howtodoz

howtodoz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can arrange $2 or less per domain then it will work great.

howtodoz, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I as a SEO don't see any point in this
    I have 1 account were i host 15 websites and is fine ... much cheaper then applying your method ...

w3bmaster, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  10. Redhat77

Redhat77 Peon

Best Answers:
    @adacprogramming - securing will not be an issue - i have more than 10 years of experience with Linux. I am already running couple of dozens of servers for my own stuff and for my clients.

@howtodoz - $2 per domain, different networks (see below), single point of accounting & support, no minimum contract and no hidden fees.

@w3bmaster - what if you want to link from 14 websites to 1 main website? with that kind of hosting you get no benefit from the links. Buying 14 links will cost you MUCH more than $28 per month

ALL seo hosting providers suffer from the exact same problem: their C classes are all belong to the same B class or they are all routed to the same gateway/router so sooner or later search engines will notice it and mark those websites as SEO oriented websites. My technical solution will allow you to get different IP addresses from different networks, countries and data-centers. You will be able to get up to 100 different IP addresses from 100 different networks and routes.

Redhat77, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  11. rds100

rds100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it would certainly ease the lives of not-so-techy SEOs. From which countries do you have IPs? How many IPs per autonomous system on average?

rds100, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  12. D00MR4ZR

D00MR4ZR Member

Best Answers:
    It is bad to do it cause there are to many people already doing it.

D00MR4ZR, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  13. Redhat77

Redhat77 Peon

Best Answers:
    @rds100 - Not only non-techiy SEOers benefit from it, also those who understand the benefits of having all their domains on a single server (single contact for support & accounting) with the flexibility of IP addresses from many networks.

Currently i am setting up the service. It will take few months of development and after launching i guess i will be able to provide 50-100 IP addresses from different networks.

Redhat77, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  14. rds100

rds100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is certainly easier to only deal with one provider and one server/login/etc. But there is this thing about keeping all your eggs in one basket... And also if the main server where you terminate all those VPNs fails... i hope you build good redundancy in this system.

rds100, Mar 9, 2011 IP