1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

static site getting many comments and questions, should I change it to a blog?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by RoyDixon, Sep 11, 2008.

I am working on a site that is about a month and a half old. It is basically a "how to" page about memorial stones. The site is not finished, but I am getting 2 or 3 e-mail questions daily asking my advice on particular aspects of the subject. I am thinking I should maybe change the site to a blog, but I don't have the faintest idea how to do this. Does it seem logical to change to a blog? and if so, where do I start?

RoyDixon, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  2. Sunlust

Sunlust Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is quite logical. Change the whole website into wordpress, use a free template and there you go. Simple and quick.

Sunlust, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. New Squirrel

New Squirrel Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also convert it into both a blog and forum. But as sunlust suggest going with wordpress is a good choice.

New Squirrel, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  4. RoyDixon

RoyDixon Peon

Best Answers:
    Where would I go to learn how to do this?
    and Where would I find wordpress templates?

remember... I'm a blog-virgin

RoyDixon, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  5. DadsCashBlog

DadsCashBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, do it today! It is quite easy to do, and you could have it up and running in about an hour or less (depending on your host). WordPress is definitely the way to go.

You PM me if you need some suggested places to look to get started. Just in case if you are new to WP: WordPress allows for pages (kinda like a static page) that can be linked from the main navigation. Posts are related topics on a subject that don't need a direct link from the navigation, but can be placed in categories.

Hope that helps. Let us know when you have it up and running.

DadsCashBlog, Sep 12, 2008 IP