1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

steps to transfer a site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Dustin07, Mar 8, 2007.

I folks, i wanted to see if anyone can help me with this. I've actually moved sites from one host to another before, but I'm paranoid on this latest transfer because it's a bigger than usual site and has some value.

The site includes basically only two things. a wordpress blog and associate-o-matic.

What all do I need to create a back up of in order to upload it to the new server? I have it hosted at godaddy. I made a .txt file backup of the db.

Dustin07, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  2. newrhodes

newrhodes Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about associate-o-matic, but for the wordpress blog the easiest way is to backup the mysql db as a sql zipped file + copy the entire blog directory tree. As long as you're retaining the same file structure, there will be no problems.

Check if your host can move the site for you (but make sure you keep a backup copy with you, for contingencies).

newrhodes, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    Dustin07 likes this.
  3. Dustin07

Dustin07 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, that's pretty much exactly what I was already doing but I wanted to make sure i wasn't forgetting anything ;)

Dustin07, Mar 9, 2007 IP