1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

STOP Cloning - be YOU but get your message RIGHT

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AON21, Apr 14, 2013.

I want to say something to all the enthusiastic new business 'entrepreneurs' here.

Your enthusiasm is GREAT but there are two things that you need to change, based on the forum posts I keep reading which have been repeated untold times since I first joined DP...

In 15 years of project management I've seen the same mistakes made over and over...

1. STOP cloning.
    The best you can hope for is some short term profits but they will come at the cost of hours, days or months of your time - so think of the real cost.

Instead, be you. There is no one on this planet with your exact skillset, experiences or attitude. Find what makes you different and then you will have something to sell.

2. If you can't get your message right - get someone to do it for you!
    You can't use the same grammar on forums that you use in SMS messages and expect to be taken seriously.

Assuming you are targeting the English-speaking world, if your English is challenged, ask someone for help. Give them the information you are trying to convey but get them to do produce it the RIGHT way.

AON21, Apr 14, 2013 IP