1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strangest thing - I need help on this one guys. Need a leet.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by husla3x, Nov 23, 2010.

Ok where and how do I start??

3 days ago I decided to build a website to replace the 4 year old blog Blogger decited to wrongly take down for terms violation - There were none - anyway I did the petition and all the other near useless crap needed to make them realize their mistake with no luck. I had a PR2 domain forwarded to the blog so long that I forgot I even had it forwarded. Anyway I finished a website in the same niche and decide to make use of my shared hosting account and use that domain name (#1) for it. I did a little promoting and stuff for it like you do for a new website the first day or so. I on a humbug decided to check and see if the name was banned or anything and i started feeling it was because it wasn't on google. Heres where it gets to where I need you guys advice....

I thought it was banned domain name (#1) so I unhosted it and selected a fresh new one (#2), did not want to waste the day and a half i spent building the website so I shared hosted the (#2) name and promoted it. This was about 40 hours ago. To make a long story short they both are on google leading to the same place. Never saw that before.

The (#1) website reverted back to the forwarded address when you directly enter it in the address bar but goes to the new website from the google search results links,
    I am stumped as to what to do....

Do I: Unshare host the (#2) domain name and reshare host the (#1) domain (pr2) before google notices the duplicity or...

DO I: Leave the new site share hosted on the newer no PR Rank domain name?

Google is going to recognize the duplicity (its mistake - possible exploit???) and chuck one of them. I am sorry about the confusing language but I am confused so it figures.

Thanks in advance.

husla3x, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  2. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    The #1 domain may have appeared to have a penalty because of the issues with Blogger. When they took down your site it would have caused Google to deindex and devalue the #1 domain and it would have taken a little time to regain that trust after you put it back up on the new site.

Personally (and if you are sure there is no penalty on #1) I would leave the #1 in place and to prevent any duplicate content issues, set up #2 as a 301 redirect. When Google sees the 301 redirect it will assume that it was always intended to be a 301 because it's new whereas #1 is aged. This should prevent you from getting any duplicate content penalties.

If you just remove the #2 then Google might think you were trying to muck around / gain advantage with their SERPS.

Lastly regarding both domains being indexed and it being a possible exploit. It's not and it is quite common. A lot of small companies who don't invest in proper SEO's or Web Developers make this mistake frequently. For example buying up their brand domain names (brand.com, brand.net, brand.org, etc) and then pointing them all to the same site without using the proper 301 redirection. After a period of time Google will try to determine what it thinks the correct site should be and will give preference to it.

MartinPrestovic, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  3. husla3x

husla3x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I already dit it backwards. I forwarded #2 to the new site and share hosted #1 - any suggestions to clear this up? I would much rather have the PR2 name (#1) as the main domain name. The funny thing is all the pages are working for both at the moment IE: #1/xxx.html and #2/xxx.html - you think I can swap it out safely by re hosting #1 and then forwarding #2? i can delete it from the shared hosting and enter #1 -

I immediately pointe d #1 at new site whenI caught it because it was getting pretty good traffic to the gone blogger url. and thanks for the qwik reply by the way.

husla3x, Nov 24, 2010 IP