1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stumbles and diggs?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by tarponkeith, Jun 14, 2007.

Are they worth it?

I've been hearing more and more about these lately, are they mainly just for blogs? Has submission to any of these sites actually helped anyones rank or traffic levels? Thanks for any info...

tarponkeith, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Your traffic can go way up. Some sites do better on social bookmark sites. Gossip and celebrity and humor sites do well.

I am not sure how well sales go for most sites but traffic can be alot if people like it.

rcj662, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  3. sadcox

sadcox Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had some reasonable success with social bookmarking. You can expect to get traffic, but I wouldn't be looking for sales to increase. Best case scenario is that you'll get some more subscribers to your site and strong links.

sadcox, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  4. jvhakim

jvhakim Banned

Best Answers:
    What are social bookmarkings ?

jvhakim, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would say these are more for entertainment sites rather than blogs in general. You are more likely to get a larger and better steady volumn of traffic from these social networking sites with an entertainment site that has good viral type content on it.

john269, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  6. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    • I've been Stumbled a few times: Big increases in traffic for a few hours or so, then it's gone.. No detectable increase in earnings.
    • I was on Leenks.com once: Huge increase in traffic, no noticable increase in earnings.
    • I was on the front page of Digg.com (twice): Huge increase in traffic, and after a year still getting a few hundred uniques per day from those Diggs. Slight, temporary increase in earnings... HUGE increase in backlinks, resulting in higher PR (i think), and lots of continuing referral traffic.

Tearabite, Jun 15, 2007 IP
  7. nuttymarketer

nuttymarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking for codes for these various social bookmarking website. Can anybody help me where can I get these codes for my websites.

nuttymarketer, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  8. Mental

Mental Peon

Best Answers:
    I get traffic from these sites as well. I have a good user base from these places. Expecially digg and technoriti.

With Digg I get most of my traffic. If you have articles that are new, fresh, no one has posted yet. You will expect to have a large number of views. Also with digg I noticed if you use some big, keywords in the description you will get a conciderable amount of traffic.

Mental, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  9. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I seem to get a lot of traffic to my blog whenever I vote for a new blog entry. I've gotten as much as 300 visitors just from Stumbleupon, so I'm keeping up hope that some of them will become regular readers.

ez-online-money.com, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  10. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's a mini-stumble.. My big stumbles got me 3,000 - 5,000 .. I cant imagine what a GIANT Stumble gets you..

Tearabite, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  11. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you write some good content, both of them will boost your traffic and digg will also help your seo

trichnosis, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Organic traffic is the most efficient

w3bmaster, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  13. so5

so5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I got a big jump in traffic once. 400 visits a day for 4 days. I checked my refers and it came from stumble. I didn't add it, someone must have added it. Oddly enough, I made absolutely no sales, and nobody clicked on adsense ads. So i don't think i'll be going that route again....

i agree with w3bmaster...organic traffic is king.

so5, Jun 16, 2007 IP
  14. zmsan

zmsan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Organic traffic seems too unreliable as google is always changing the algo. I like this idea. Anyone have a list of these sites handy or a good way to sort of "submit" to them (get on).

zmsan, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  15. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've had my first stumbleupon spike today - it's happening as I type. So far I reckon about 600 extra visitors this morning (it's noon in the U.K. now).
    I didn't solicit it, someone else has obviously added a page because it caught their fancy.
    But I'm getting nothing from it - 600 visitors who stay on my site for a second or 2, don't look at any other pages, don't click on anything and certainly don't buy anything. All it's done is send my bounce rate soaring. It's a bit like having your site gatecrashed, they're not doing any harm, but I'm beginning to wish they'd just go away and stop cluttering up my logs :-(

magda, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  16. moboflix

moboflix Guest

Best Answers:
    what advantages woud i get to submitting to these sites

moboflix, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  17. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't figure out how to submit my site to Stumble...

kc5hwb, Jun 17, 2007 IP