1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stumbleupon - real visitors or robots ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by domedia_ro, Nov 28, 2012.

Hi,

As far as I know Stumbleupon is a social network and hopefully this is the best category to choose from (for the mods).

Anyways ... Someone asked me once if Stumbleupon visitors that were generated for their website are real visitors or is it a visits "machine" (fake visits) that is only disturbing you real audience within Google Analytics and programs like that.

Another reason why I'm asking this, besides other people and what they think, is the fact that I for one have noticed something very strange in visitors demographics / time on site / returning visitor rate like:

I see today 100 visits and tomorrow one or two (suspicious sign no.1) ;
    All the visitors come from the same geographical area (Santa Clara - California , or something like this)

Those are the things that make me wonder too if Stumble brings people or machines on your website.

The good thing is that I see that the avg. visit looks like humans are landing there ... however, a good programmer could emulate that too :)

Looking forward for all your replies ... let me know what is your opinion about this : more the better !

domedia_ro, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  2. aleenajoe

aleenajoe Peon

Best Answers:
    The stumble upon can give you the relevant traffic but the thing that your profile should have followers ..

aleenajoe, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  3. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As your website is seen from their rotator, indeed that all visitors will be from the server location, it's not happening with all rotators but it does with some

IG2010, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    They're real visitors but worthless for the most part. SU traffic has a very high bounce rate.

dcristo, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  5. RayGaloo

RayGaloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well every network have bots :D so its not surprising that you have robots there too.. but still think there is much more real people...

RayGaloo, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  6. mmg1865

mmg1865 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If a lot of your traffic comes from the same areas it could be because thats where your followers are from ?

The more you use and participate in Stumbleupon, the more traffic you get. Build your network, share your links and stumble your followers links.

I get about 1500 visits a day from Stumbleupon.

As per above, there is a high bounce rate, some users literally just click through as many as possible, but it won't do them any good in the long run.

If you build a good network of followers with the same interests as your blog / website, then you'll start seeing longer stays and more interaction on your site.

As per any Social Network, the more you work at it, the more rewarding it becomes.

Add me if anyone wants, i'll add you back http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/MMG1865

mmg1865, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  7. johnrone

johnrone Member

Best Answers:
    These visitors may have been generated from the same area beacuse they are your targeted audience.
    If you want to go beyond that area, then, you definitely need to build your online presence to other geographical areas.
    As what mmg1865 has said, "the more you use and participate in Stumbleupon, the more traffic you get."
    So keep using it, keep sharing your stuff, keep posting comments to other users, and stay updated.

johnrone, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  8. vamoindia

vamoindia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also same problem at my website.
    I see today 35 visits at my website and All the visitors come from the same geographical area (New York)
    what to do for get real visitors.

vamoindia, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  9. chaithu

chaithu Member

Best Answers:
    Good conversation! how ever there is no conclusion for the issue!
    Hope we can conclude if they generating any leads i mean from Stumbleupon!
    Leads = any registration , deposits or any other things we can measure ....
    if we are getting such leads with it, we can say it as real traffic, other wise robots .....
    Check with your site....!
    All the Best Dude....!

chaithu, Nov 30, 2012 IP