1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Subdreamer or Joovili

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by speedking, May 21, 2007.

Hello @ Digital Point

I am in the process of messing around with Drupal and a few other CMS's but am finding it hard going. I am understanding some bits more than others. I want to continue teaching myself and learning Drupal.

I have an idea that I want to launch and an alternative route is to purchase Subdreamer or Joovili which has all the features I think I need to launch my idea. I can skin and set-up the CMS quickly as it has everything out-of-the-box and then later launch ideas using open-source CMS's.

What are your opinions on Subdreamer or Joovili for a social-networking type solution?

Being more of a designer I am finding it hard working with the frameworks of some of the options out on the market hence asking for advice again.

Thanks in advance!

speedking, May 21, 2007 IP
  2. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Subdreamer code is little better then Joovili i think.I used subdreamer it is cheap and best paied cms

seo-mumbai, May 22, 2007 IP
  3. speedking

speedking Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey seo-mumbai thanks for your reply.

What project/idea did you use Subdreamer for? Do you have a link for it in action please?

You say the code is better? In what way? Subdreamer is cheaper than Joovili and therefore seems a very good option for purchase.

Could you give any more information into your experience and working with Subdreamer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

speedking, May 22, 2007 IP
  4. WillDee

WillDee Peon

Best Answers:
    Subdreamer Pro is excellent, and is pretty cheap. The integration with different forums is what made me choose it.

I also use Joomla on some sites and could recommend that if you want to get your hands dirty with some coding.

WillDee, May 26, 2007 IP
  5. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Subdreamer is one of my favorite CMSs in the market, it's cheap and easy to integrate with just about anything out in the market.

I played with Joovili and although its look and feel is excellent, I would not buy just yet, it's a new software that hasn't proven its merit yet, the code seems to be well written but not as fast or good as subdreamer IMO.

Subdreamer PRO is my verdict.

EJRaven, May 26, 2007 IP
  6. speedking

speedking Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you WillDee and EJRaven for your comments.

I just assumed Joovili to be good becuase out-of-the-box it has everything a social networking site would need/want.

For Subdreamer and open source solutions it seems you have to insert many different plugins in order to resemble a good fully working social networking website.

EJRaven the script you are working on seems interesting. When will the beta be released? Will it cost a lot more than Subdreamer/Joovili?

Thanks again,

speedking, May 29, 2007 IP
  7. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    speedking,

phpRaven will be a Facebook clone that will incorporate the best of the best social networks with a module system for expandability.

It will be a high end product and it will cost more than Subdreamer or Joovilli.

EJRaven, May 29, 2007 IP