1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submit Articles To Social Networks?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ohio Health, Mar 18, 2010.

Hi. I have serached the Forum and don't see this discussed so hopefully someone can help. I'm sure it's easy to answer.

When I write an article for my website, I do not submit to EZine, GoArticles etc... But I do submit to Social Networks like Digg etc... And it works well.

However, when I write articles for article directories (Ezine aetc...) Is it OK to submit these to Social Bookmarking Sites? I thought I heard you can not do that.

Thanks for your help.

Kansas will win it all!

Ohio Health, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  2. rajgupta

rajgupta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never heard something like that before!!!
    Anything that exists on a website and that a social bookmarking site accepts, can be submitted to it.

rajgupta, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  3. Ohio Health

Ohio Health Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok. But I meant an article that was submitted to EZine for example. Not something I published on my website.

Thanks

4. mainstreamad

mainstreamad Peon

Best Answers:
    I see no problem with it. I think this is done pretty often actually. You could even bookmark the article that is published on other sites for further assistance with your article promotion.

Oh and your prob right about Kansas, but crazier things have happened ;)

mainstreamad, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  5. Ohio Health

Ohio Health Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. Thanks. And yea...crazy things are happening...like Ohio University beating Georgetown right now!

6. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I didn't see anything wrong in submitting it to social networking site, if the duplicate would be the issue I think it won't get duplicate because you are the original owner of the article.

Excel 8, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  7. Ohio Health

Ohio Health Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. I thought maybe EZine or one of the article directories might have a rule against it.

Way to go OU!

8. arnoldsmithh

arnoldsmithh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's okay to submit your articles to social bookmarking website because these websites are also known as content sharing websites.

arnoldsmithh, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  9. parmy

parmy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup i am doing that but confused about the social networking site and article submission sites. Is there any difference between these terms. :confused:

parmy, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  10. rkuramoto

rkuramoto Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Ezine Articles wants to have unique content, but if you submit to them first and get approved then you can submit it elsewhere.

rkuramoto, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  11. thebitbotdotcom

thebitbotdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    This is actually a commonly debated subject. Many articles are released by the associated press and published on many different websites. To my knowledge, Google indexes them all. So if you have articles, publish them on your own websites or blogs first, then submit them to article directories and such. What is the worst that could happen? They might get rejected. Oh well, there are plenty of places to submit. Just because an article directory or similar site has a high page rank for its home page doesn't mean that your article will have high PR. A quality article will develop inbound links and develop it's own PR, but you may have to market it some first using traditional means. By the way, you are welcome to submit to this article directory.

thebitbotdotcom, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  12. farskt.com

farskt.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I submit them. It helps with getting them indexed faster I have found.

farskt.com, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  13. janicejan

janicejan Peon

Best Answers:
    Some social bookmarking sites accepts articles that were published in ezine and other article directories, so I think there's no problem with it.

janicejan, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  14. seolinks99@gmail.com

seolinks99@gmail.com Peon

Best Answers:
    @rkuramoto No its not like that, even if you have submitted the article before elsewhere you can submit it to ezine later..but the author should be same, else it will be taken as duplicate content. I post the articles 1st on the website then after 1 week on ezine..and have a premium account never faced any problem. But remember the authors should be same.

seolinks99@gmail.com, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  15. ashwinsatyanarayana

ashwinsatyanarayana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See no problem in your doing that, unless, it is an artilce you have sold to someone & have no rights over it any more.

ashwinsatyanarayana, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  16. BlitzSurfer

BlitzSurfer Peon

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't do this alot because you won't really build readers - best promote your site and have it submitted by others. Of course, there is no real penalty for submitting your own articles unless you do it on StumbleUpon.

BlitzSurfer, Mar 23, 2010 IP
  17. imjason707

imjason707 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the issue is duplicate content, many seo people suggest that you do not submit the same article to more than one place. However as long as the content is yours, you should feel free to submit it as many places as you like. As mentioned in an earlier post just be sure to submit to Ezine first

imjason707, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  18. nikkipope

nikkipope Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not an issue you can post your article on any social networking site without an condition

nikkipope, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  19. vijaygupta88

vijaygupta88 Peon

Best Answers:
    No problems at all in posting your own articles to any social networking site.

vijaygupta88, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  20. vikas65517

vikas65517 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it IS possible and actually, it SHOULD be done. Try to get AS MANY eyeballs as you can.

Bookmark your articles, link back to them, etc. Get all the traffic you can from as many places.

vikas65517, Mar 28, 2010 IP