1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submitting Same Blog to Multiple Social Bookmarking Sites.....Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by trosquin, Oct 13, 2008.

I have a couple of blogs....everytime I write a post i submit it to Digg, Technorati, Delicious, Stumble and so on.....like 15 social bookmarking sites. Is this Bad for my site? My thoughts are the more places the better...but my current company that i work for hires a another company to write blogs...and they only submit each post to 3 different social bookmarking sites....and they do a different one each time.

trosquin, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  2. kozyavka

kozyavka Active Member

Best Answers:

and if they decide to sell their blogs, you will be confused whether you have to sell yours?:confused:

kozyavka, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  3. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually my blogs are my own....I do not write blogs for my company.

trosquin, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  4. CodeWorld

CodeWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there is very thin line between spamming and link building, Every day i go to digg and see a nice upcoming site submitting its each and every post to digg. Well that's kind of spammy behavior. Once in 2-3 days is fine but every day and every post seem like a over kill.
    Just my 2 cents.

CodeWorld, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  5. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting to multiple social bookmarking websites is no problem at all. They do not syndicate your content they just bookmark it. As long as you don't submit the same thing more than once then you are fine.

primeelite, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  6. kallam

kallam Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing wrong to submit social bookmarking

kallam, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  7. Morgan Coudray

Morgan Coudray Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I just submit my blog to Stumbleupon, Digg and Technorati. I don't see any problem with submiting it to more but its just time commitment that isn't worth it for me.

Morgan Coudray, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  8. simacaj

simacaj Peon

Best Answers:
    trosquin -

I don't what the problem is to submit to this many bookmarking sites. Like many have mentioned above, don't repost anything we already submitted. If you have the time then you might as well submit your content to these sites

simacaj, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking sites are intended for driving traffic and get your site indexed faster.
    For established domains indexing is not a problem so we should focus on traffic.
    Many of the social bookmarking sites are not that popular so you won't see any traffic from them.
    So maybe it's a good idea to save time and submit to the best SBS only (like Digg, Delicious, Reddit, etc.)

zexy, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  10. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True. Submit to all social bookmarking sites is not a good idea. Most of the time you don't even get a single hit from those unpopular sites. Pick the best and save the time.

Do some technical work ( get a good server ) if you have confidence to rank on first page of digg. Traffic from digg will definately overload the server if you are with shared hosting package.

Just my 2 cents.

zinruss, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  11. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    the more links, the better ;)
    try using different titles if you can

Brandon Sheley, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  12. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i get hits from social bookmarking even though i don't even submit everyday, and not more than a couple of sites weekly.. it's always good to draw some odd visitors from various sites.. especially, they are not push technology, so if they want to read, you get the real visitors....

just my 2 cents

nandalinnaung, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  13. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    yes I have had a similiar question and it seems like as long as the content is good then the more the merrier making it worthwhile to people is the key.

If it is reguritated crap over and over not good idea. But good stuff why not if you have the time and patience

ErikJ, Oct 22, 2008 IP