1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submitting to link directories and social bookmark sites

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nparsons75, Mar 28, 2009.

Hi there, does Submitting to link directories and social bookmark sites really help. There is offers everywhere for this at aroun $10 / 100 submissions, does it work, will i benefit?

nparsons75, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  2. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes ot works as long as the sites your submitting to are not full of spam.

choice, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  3. teenwolf41

teenwolf41 Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I wouldn't pay to submit your website to any of them. They give you like one back link and that's about it. Some of them don't let you edit your page information (like if you change the url or site name) so the anchor texts won't be the same. They are just a hassle. I spent a day and submitted my blog to like 30 social bookmarking sites. Don't think it helped at all unfortunately. Maybe the pay ones are better, but I doubt it.

teenwolf41, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  4. sajae102

sajae102 Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting to social bookmarking sites can help you with your rankings in the search engines, thus getting you some good traffic. However; this will only work if you use low competition keywords in the title of your submission. If you are looking to build up your backlinks, I would suggest investing in a good social bookmarking software that can do this for you automatically. You will get more of your moneys worth if you do this than paying a one time $10 for submissions.

sajae102, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  5. nparsons75

nparsons75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for the replies, which would be the best social bookmarking software to purchase?

nparsons75, Mar 29, 2009 IP
  6. Vben

Vben Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty Free directories you can register your site on, try this directory for directories:
    www[dot]directorycritic[dot]com/free-directory-list.html

Vben, Mar 29, 2009 IP