1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion on writing title & description for social bookmarking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by KRH, Nov 17, 2008.

Hello DP members,

i am stuck to write good title and description to submit on social bookmarking site.

as it should not sound like self promotion...i am really confuse how to write it.

i have hired seo firm to submitting to 500 bookmarking sites. but i need to fill up the form. they want 3 title, description and tag which i have to write by myself.

any suggestion, tips, tricks or willing to help:D

KRH, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  2. kallell

kallell Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny you should ask -- i have had a good amount of success with social bookmarking sites. I actually started a blog recently to explain tactics and whatnot on how to monetize...its fairly new(made it on friday), but there will be more content VERY soon - http://www.quoted4truth.com/blog

kallell, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  3. brand35

brand35 Peon

Best Answers:
    As you said, the main thing is not to make it look like self-promotion. It's difficult to give specific advise without knowing the topic or content of the pages you want to bookmark, but one thing you could do is to imagine someone else discovering the page, and what they would type as title and description so other people might benefit from their discovery.

brand35, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  4. KRH

KRH Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a weight loss site.

yap...should not like self promotion. that's why i am in stuck. as it's my own site...it really difficult for me to think some meaningful title and description as someone might have different approach:p

KRH, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  5. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to have a title that get people attention...be dramatic...have some fun with it? After all all you want to do is get them to your page. I wrote a blog post about cloaking tools a little while and submitted it to Digg...My title was "Protect Your Neck From Internet Thugs" . I have started to get some good traffic from that, but I didn't mention anything about a cloaking tool.

Trioman, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  6. KRH

KRH Peon

Best Answers:
    so you didn't put keyword phrase in title?

and how about description.

KRH, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  7. jpearce

jpearce Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just going to mention that you do some keyword research because that is what it is all about.

3 titles - anchor texts...keyword research a must.

Description - insert keywords

Tags - keywords

This will get you some SERP action too.

jpearce, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  8. dexignz

dexignz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are writing hundreds of blogs you need to do keyword research for sure. I use this tool keyword and seo elite and i've gotten in the top 10 - 15 for all the sites I promote within a couple weeks.

Keyword Elite
    SEO elite

dexignz, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  9. apexdspa

apexdspa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i just want to know title and description for single blog must be same on different social bookmarking sites or we must keep different ?
    kindly answer

apexdspa, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  10. DigitalMichael

DigitalMichael Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend checking out something like BuzzSumo to see what kind of titles are working currently. Just put in your topic and you'll see how successful different articles are by social network. Copy those topics and article naming conventions. Nothing wrong with having other people do the work and you copying the style of what works.

DigitalMichael, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  11. Pawansharma

Pawansharma Active Member

Best Answers:
    The main thing for title is Keyword Density, Prominence and Proximity. So please use these things on your title and description for submission. These helpful for your website.

Pawansharma, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  12. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keywords density doesn't matter anymore.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 13, 2017 IP