1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions for Betterment of my website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bumba1988, Jun 4, 2011.

Hi All,

I will put things straight. I have a website promoting my content writing, web designing and SEO services (You can have a look by visiting my signature "quality content writing service"). Can you guys please have a look at it and let me know if the site looks professional enough? I made it myself however not sure if it looks good. I will soon start the promotional work and wanted to make sure that it is nice enough before I start.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

bumba1988, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  2. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Okay - design - Want relevance has the graphic? Perhaps have a scroller with sample writing that people can read, or when you get them, testimonials.
    Apart from that, design is okay. It doesn't grab me by the throat and say WOW, but it's not a site I'd immediately leave.

So, that's when your content needs to really GRAB your visitors attention.
    Your intro text looks boring - all the same font, too small.
    Where's the headline?
    Where's the sub heading?
    This is where you should be pushing the benefits to using your service strong and clear!
    Less is more. Less text, stronger, punchy, bigger font, variety, shorter sentences.

Also, sorry to say, but it is obvious that you are not a native English speaker. So if you are going to be targeting the US/UK with content writing services, you need to do some work.
    Sorry, but "Have you ever considered standing out in your business?" just doesn't read correctly, actually, doesn't make sense.

Take some time and invest it in studying your competitors in the US & UK, and it will really help you.

Apologies if I seem harsh, but best to help you now with some simple truths.

Good luck though!

VSC, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  3. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for taking some time and reviewing my website. I really appreciate your suggestions and will try to implement those one by one. Just a small question. I already have a page linking to my sample articles and also some testimonials (I got them by working as a freelancer). But, do you suggest me to post these links into my home page itself? So that, people can come and directly visit those links and decide whether to buy or not.

Also, do you think I should clearly state my rates in the site or should I stay silent about that and see what clients are offering?

bumba1988, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  4. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do people who can't write proper English offer content writing services?

dlm, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  5. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your SEO works out, people will land on your home page (most probably) first. They will be looking for content writing, and will want to see samples. Make it as easy as possible for visitors to get what they want fast. Imagine you were looking for the service you are offering - what confirmations and evidence would you want to see first. Remember, you have only a few sentences to grab peoples attention before they go to the next site.

Rates. If/when you are well known, have too much work to handle, then that is the time to be quiet about your rates once you have proven yourself and have the demand. Till then, be open about your rates.

VSC, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  6. J4mmy

J4mmy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seems like a decent website, good luck promoting it!

J4mmy, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  7. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Show what I have done wrong before typing those one liners please!!!

Thanks for your words.

bumba1988, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  8. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks again for your comments. I was actually thinking of being open with my rates and your reply has only made it easier for me. I will try to implement the changes as you have mentioned and hopefully things go well.

9. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please do not take offense, but also I'd suggest reading some UK/US magazines, newspapers etc.
    Your English is mostly grammatically correct, but your style is not .... natural.
    The way you choose to phrase certain things shows that you are not a native speaker.

Just mentioning this to help.

Good luck.

VSC, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  10. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestions again. I will try to read more and more US/UK magazines for sure.