1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Take a look at these OBVIOUS SCAMS on Flippa... BUYER BEWARE

Discussion in 'General Business' started by clubny, Jan 6, 2012.

I have seen that there is a trend of absolutely obvious scams on Flippa.

I wanna put the word out to protect people from blowing thousands of dollars on a worthless site (as many are doing right now).

I've tried commenting on auctions like these only to have my comments DELETED by the seller to hide from my questions.

Take a look at this marvelous deal:

flippa.com/2682079-exclusive-10-in-1-internet-marketing-biz-1-781-in-12-days-no-exp-required

This wonderful website was registered LESS THEN 2 WEEKS before it went to auction.. yet it's supposedly already made over $1500 profit!

If you look at the paypal records, you will notice that ON THE VERY DAY THE SITE WAS CREATED, it made 2 SALES! wow, this guy.. I mean "girl", must be the greatest marketer on the planet!

And notice how this female website owner has posted a picture of her shirt open as her professional Flippa avatar. I'm sure that's not a fake, random picture designed to draw suckers in, I'm sure that's how she normally dresses for the office.

Here is a literal quote from the auction description:

Wow! Really? I can make $200,000 a year from this site that was registered less then 2 weeks ago?! And all for the tiny BIN price of $4,500? Wow!.

But.. wait..... why would you give up this $200,000 a year ("No problem at all!") website for only $4,500?

Don't worry, the seller has a wonderfully adequate response to this question!

He doesn't have time for the "15 minutes per day" that this site requires to make thousands a year, YET he had the time to create the site from scratch 2 weeks ago and write out this huge description...

Yes, you can get very attached to a website after a whole 2 weeks!

The auction description ends like this:

Oh, wow! So I'd be a fool if I DIDNT buy this obviously-real website? And stupid old me thought it was the other way around.

I'm sad to tell you guys that this auction has 20 bidders and is on $3000+ . This guy is likely scamming real people and making genuine buyers scared to use Flippa, making them jaded and not wanting to invest in websites, in turn making genuine website sellers suffer.

Like I said, I tried pointing out some of these things on flippa but the comments just get deleted and he will comment back making it seem like you are a spammer.

If you bring up any of the suspicious things (even respectfully) he will delete your comment and say "How was that relevant to my auction?"

You cannot defend yourself because he just deletes the comments and then makes a comment himself insulting you.

Here are some more of these scam sites with the exact same templates of the sale:

- All of the following were established a few weeks ago at the earliest -

flippa.com/2682866-facebook-service-business-made-980-in-first-9-days-no-reserve-no-exp-req ("Made $980 in the first 9 days! But I'd rather sell it for 1 weeks earnings instead of keep it!")

flippa.com/2680624-exclusive-social-seo-marketing-biz-941-in-8-days-instant-cash-to-be-made

flippa.com/2679500-exclusive-facebook-marketing-biz-1-190-in-11-days-instant-cash-to-be-made

flippa.com/2682569-facebook-fans-business-1-500-in-under-7-days-1-no-reserve-fast-sale ($1,500 in under 7 days!!!! You'd have to be nuts to believe it, I mean not to buy it!")

flippa.com/2682901-643-in-6-days-profitable-yahoo-answers-business-for-sale-no-exp-required (Over $600 made since it's establishment on 28 December, 2011 (A little over a week ago) #MarketingMegaGenius

Buyer beware.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    clubny, Jan 6, 2012 IP
  2. Matt Mickiewicz

Matt Mickiewicz Peon

Best Answers:
    The auction holders mentioned here have been suspended, in some cases several months ago.

But we 100% agree, buyers are responsible for their own due diligence, we offer a free buyers guide (http://flippa.com/blog/pro-website-buyers-guide/) and numerous blog posts providing tips on due diligence and Q&A sessions with lawyers, Escrow.com, and others.

Matt Mickiewicz, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  3. Tothepoint05

Tothepoint05 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Impressive study!Many Thanks.Unfortunately,there are a lot of guys that they promise flippers to make money with 8-9 days website.They say that:''we have many free marketing tactics to generate traffic''If you attitude wisely and analyze their website (with some of the IM Tools) you can't find any backlinks,any ppc campaigns etc.So,friends please act wisely and don't loose your hard earned money to scammers.Thanks again your great post Clubny ;)

Tothepoint05, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  4. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very well written post. A lot of effort was put in by you. If you are still around on DP please PM me so we can be friends.

Flippa is a definite scam and the owners of Flippa are freely allowing such sellers to prosper because they earn more listing fees and success fees from them.

I spoke to the owner "Matt" about this in an earlier complaint and he said they always did the right thing and banned such sellers.

The joke of it all is that the seller comes online on a new ID within hours to list another website on sale.

It is high time that the main culprit (Flippa) is brought to book here, and not anyone else involved.

The dry days are coming in and I will be celebrating the demise of these "liars" selling autoblogs on Flippa.

wonay, Apr 10, 2012 IP
  5. thefonz22

thefonz22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have come close to buying websites off flippa a few times but after reading stuff online decided against it. Another great free flippa guide.

thefonz22, May 10, 2012 IP