1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Take your pick Adobe or Corel???

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by icebreaker, Mar 19, 2007.

Take your pick Adobe or Corel ??? Please take into consideration all those features, tools and technologies included in each. Thanks! :)

icebreaker, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  2. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lightbulb Take your pick Adobe or Corel???
    Take your pick Adobe or Corel ??? Please take into consideration all those features, tools and technologies included in each. Thanks!

Nice one Icebreaker. But to tell you the truth that's a tough question to answer. I use both Adobe programs and Corel programs at the same time. I will answer to your question like this:
    I use Corel programs mainly for creating Designs, logos, templates and advertising material. I just find them more suitable than the Adobe ones.

As for the Adobe software it is really nice to use it when you have something rally big and heavy, something that includes lots of layers and stuff. And I also find the Adobe filters better than Corel's.

That's me. Maybe you have a different point of you. Please, share it with us.

Regards, Shuttle

shuttle, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In one thread some time recently I've read Corel and Adobe were seen as «apple and oranges, both sweet but have a different flavour» - wonderfulyl and very precisely said. They both have their cons and pros.

Most of the opinions above discussed the pros of Adobe, so let me dwell a little more on what Corel Draw has in store.

Well, if you like making scaled technical drawings – Corel Draw wins and has a much better file conversion support. What is more, through the years Corel has changed a lot and improved significantly – the newest version can emulate illustrator setup and is very easy to be customized in controls and layout of tools, buttons and shortcuts.

Hope my opinion will be of help.:)

Have a wonderful day today ;)

turbulence, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  4. Jonathan Hue

Jonathan Hue Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with turbulence. It all depends on the nature of the job. My logo designers incorporate different approach when it comes to these applications. Professionals go for:

Adobe illustrator
    Corel PhotoPaint
    Adobe Photoshop
    PhotoImpact by Ulead
    GIMP

Lets see what every body else goes for!

Thank you

Jonathan Hue, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  5. pstone

pstone Peon

Best Answers:
    What about Macromedia Dreamweaver?

pstone, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  6. ahelpinghand

ahelpinghand Guest

Best Answers:
    it's like choose water or food :)
    It depends on what your need and what your work is. I think Corel is more about vector graphics and photoshop is more about raster.

ahelpinghand, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  7. xxcandice1712xx

xxcandice1712xx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since i started designing ive used adobe photoshop. I think the tools etc, are great. Its got anything you need. You can make anything. Illustrator is good too. Vectors etc :)

xxcandice1712xx, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  8. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    adobe photoshop illustrator works well, they are industry standard too :p I've never considered Corel, ever.

8everything, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  9. longhornfreak

longhornfreak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously Adobe is dominating this industry. All large companies prefer it. It is easy to use, several features, and the work in the end is quality.

longhornfreak, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  10. Oriane

Oriane Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer Adobe too, but I would say the best one is the one you know how to use. GIMP is not bad too if you need a free alternative.

Oriane, Mar 20, 2007 IP