1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Technology "How To" blog. Is it worth an effort?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by togotutor, Oct 28, 2010.

Hello DP memebers,
    As some of you know I am currently running my site www.togotutor.com just fine, which is a technology site to teach programming and stuff. I am planning to start a blog, which again will require a tonnes of effort. I am planning to start a blog where i can write "how to" about technology and other interesting stuff with the news about tech. Is it going to worth an effort, or I am just going to waste my time, As people are more interested in entertainment and media gossip/news blog rather than education/tech blog?

Any suggestions?

togotutor, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  2. Maa

Maa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is a wast of effort at all. Many people are always looking for help regarding technology.

Maa, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  3. togotutor

togotutor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, any other suggestions

togotutor, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  4. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    lol i like your banner of that guy on the laptop. That is the exact same position I'm in right now haha. I really don't think your idea is a waste of time. Lots of people are interested in learning programming. The most difficult challenge for you is going to be marketing your website so you can get the word out about your services. Also another challenge you're going to have is creating credibility for your services. You are going to have to prove to your potential customers that you are capable of offering something that is valuable and high quality.

Good luck with your business!

Le Dangles, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  5. Maa

Maa Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could have a question and answer segment on your blog. Also, you could review different technology products. Many people are clueless regarding technology especially age groups 60 to 70 years old.

Maa, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  6. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs no longer make money. That market is already crowded and ads no longer pay. If you are techy, go and build your own SaaS ;)

omarabid, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  7. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally would not do it, kinda oversaturated market!

~~~~, Oct 28, 2010 IP