1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Template Engine?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sethyr, Oct 3, 2009.

I am creating a website without a cms, I like coding and don't want to take the fun out by using a cms tongue.gif

Anyway, if I am wanting to change templates it would be a pain because if its a different format i would have to change EVERY page. So without using a cms what would I use to be able to switch templates at ease? I looked up template engines but I don't think thats what I need.

sethyr, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  2. tronicscribe

tronicscribe Peon

Best Answers:
    I imagine you can just point it to a different style sheet.

Anyway, you should not feel like using a CMS means you don't get to write your own code. In fact using a CMS, like Wordpress, or any other, you still can create your own layouts. I write plenty of code (html, php, css, javascript) when using a CMS. It is very helpful that the CMS takes care of the overall structure of things and I can focus on making the site do what I want. It is also very helpful if you are making a site for a client, who can then update their own content easily. You should look into using a CMS a bit further.

tronicscribe, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  3. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude that's what CSS was invented for...

goliath, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  4. tronicscribe

tronicscribe Peon

Best Answers:
    I imagine you can just point it to a different style sheet.

Anyway, you should not feel like using a CMS means you don't get to write your own code. In fact using a CMS, like Wordpress, or any other, you still can create your own layouts. I write plenty of code (html, php, css, javascript) when using a CMS. It is very helpful that the CMS takes care of the overall structure of things and I can focus on making the site do what I want. It is also very helpful if you are making a site for a client, who can then update their own content easily. You should look into using a CMS a bit further.

tronicscribe, Oct 3, 2009 IP