1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

text-link-ads com are dishonest!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by alexroux, Nov 12, 2012.

Hi to all!

I generally don't like to post just to complain about something but TLA (text-link-ads com) really pissed me off! They deserve some bad publicity!

I have a blog that's been around since 2001, PR 4, LOTS of backlinks, 3000 unique visitors a day... I wanted to monetise my site and thought I should try Text Link Ads - TLA (text-link-ads com). Originally I set a ridiculously low price for advertisers to get a spot on my blog. I was making like $4 per ad spot. All the spots sold out quickly and I realised I wasn't asking for enough money. When I contacted the TLA support, they told me I could NOT increase the pricing otherwise they would not allow my site to sell text link ads anymore. WTF are you serious! There's section on their website for you to raise the price but apparently it only applies to NEW spots sold. The current advertizers were getting a crazy good deal so obviously they would NOT cancel. Even if I raise the price, I'm still gonna make $4 per ad spot! That's RIDICULOUS!

The person I was speaking to via email was absolutely unprofessional! He didn't care, didn't put any effort and you could really feel like my questions were annoying him. HORRIBLE SUPPORT! And everything is anonymous, they never use names so you can't point fingers at anyone. The person ended up deleting my TLA account cause I was asking too many questions? WTF Seriously? Grow up!

Any information on their site that says I won't be able to sell ads anymore if I increase the price? NO!

TLA (text-link-ads com) seriously needs to rethink how they do business, improve their support and treat their partners and customers with more respect.

Alex

alexroux, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  2. Joannalubb

Joannalubb Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds a little bit disgusted

Joannalubb, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Wow. I went and read some of the info I could find on the company and it seems like people like them. Sorry you had such a terrible experience. Maybe you should contact someone who is in charge of the business? Customer support sometimes can be a waste of time.

qwikad.com, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  4. zeesales

zeesales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It depends on the person who is in front of the support. it was bad you got a bad person in front of you. You can find out the owner of the website and give all the messaging in front of him to judge his staff as well as to give you relief for you.

zeesales, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  5. blitehead

blitehead Peon

Best Answers:
    It always depends on the persons.
    I guess that TLA is a quite big company and they don´t care so much for "small" businessmen and bloggers.

I recommend you to market your blog/site at teliad.com, you can fix your own prize level depending on the type of link/article that you want to sell.

blitehead, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  6. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well obviously you can't increase the cost to people already paying for ads. You could increase the ad slots then put the price up, or wait for some advertisers to go away. You could try something else as well and/or remove TLA and have nothing more to do with them. They can bring your search ranking down, Google totally hates TLA.

Astroman, Dec 14, 2012 IP