1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Best way to earn money on the Net?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Isak Hejnesen, Mar 8, 2013.

Hello, i just started on digipoint and was wondering.

I am currently education as a Web Integrator, and i want to make some money to the site since it isnt very cheap to study. So can i use my skills as a Web-designer or anyting to make money online. What is the best way ?[​IMG]

Isak Hejnesen, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  2. Christopher Larsen

Christopher Larsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Isak !

There are a few ways and some easier then others. You basicly have to try out different things and not just focus on one.

http://fiverr.com/ - Here you can offer something like.. fixing website bugs for 5$ or making SEO check for 5$ and so on. Be creative.

You can allways try to get a client and make websites and this will also make you the most money but can also be the hardest one to get started with. Ask around and see if any of your connections know someone who needs your service/skills and charge something like 20$ an hour. Dont overprice yourself as you are only starting out and being cheap is a very good reputation to have. You can always increase the hour rate later.

You can also try to sell themes/websites on a site like: http://themeforest.net/ - This is hard but can earn you some good cash.

Last but not least you can look at "flipping websites" - you basicly buy a website that has good potential and either make money on the ads or re-do and re-sell the site for profit. This requires starting money and can be very risky aswell.

Hope some of it will help and good luck :)

Christopher Larsen, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Christopher gave some very good tips. You can go to sites like eLance, Freelancer, or oDesk and look at the ads there. There are people who are always looking to hire someone to build, complete or fix their site. What's great about this is you are earning while learning as well as building your portfolio, all at the same time.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  4. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should not waste your time on 5 USD work but try to attract real customers paying what the work is actually worth but of course your skills for web design will help you making some bucks

Sensei.Design, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  5. Christopher Larsen

Christopher Larsen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How is 5$ for max 10 minutes work a waste of time if you got nothing?

I hear this so often "dont waste your time". I work as a freelance web designer and in total (counting marketing, networking and the actual designing/coding) I work about 8 hours a day including breaks for food and such. Then I spend another hour or 2 checking my different sources of side income and it gives me an extra 50-150$ a day.

That was a total game changer for me as a fresh business owner. Its hard to start out and its hard to get started with no work to show and no huge network.

Basicly if I didnt have these side money comming in I wouldnt have gotten to where I am today so I must totally disagree and say: spend 5-10 minutes and get 5$ + a potential client for future "real work".

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Christopher Larsen, Mar 8, 2013 IP
    CMNS, inyourway and Snat like this.
  6. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Basically, you have to try a combination of what the others listed above. There is really no best way to make money on the next. Different approaches work for different people. It depends on how much you put in to your work.

funmom91, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As a web designer, you may want to try posting an ad in the gigs category of craigslist. People are looking for good web designers / software programmers on it 24/7.

qwikad.com, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  8. Isak Hejnesen

Isak Hejnesen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, for all the helpfull feedback i will try out all your good advice thanks :D

9. editoiubog

editoiubog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can try also to be listed in odesk.com

editoiubog, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  10. Isak Hejnesen

Isak Hejnesen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what is odesk ?

11. Sensei.Design

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's a freelancing platform where jobs can be posted and you will be able to submit a quote to get them. Basically a great idea even though it's hard to get the first job on there. Afterwards it gets easier

Sensei.Design, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  12. Isak Hejnesen

Isak Hejnesen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice, i will check it out :)

Isak Hejnesen, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  13. editoiubog

editoiubog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can also post there sites that you have created, maybe people will like them and give you jobs.

editoiubog, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  14. Sensei.Design

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You will definitely need references to attract the first customers and even if you have good references it won't be to easy, but it's definitely worth a try

Sensei.Design, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  15. ynmrav28

ynmrav28 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Web design is in much demand today,If you properly use the skill then you can make some where $500-$2000 depending on design. You can make lot of money there

ynmrav28, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  16. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can also try being creative, visit flippa.com and check the most selling websites and try design one similar to it. I bet you one sale or two from flippa will pay your school fees for a semester depending on your country. Try making the optimum profits from your skill than wasting time on small profits.

Mr victor, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  17. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't know if this could possible be something for you, but you mentioned web-design.. (If you could do other designs like; logo and flyers, you should browse the contests.)

Here's the contests on DP, where you could earn some money by providing logo designs and such.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/contests.94/

Christopher mentioned Fiverr and I recommend it too. People who tried Fiverr and other similar sites without luck, will always tell people that; "Fiverr sucks!", or that you shouldn't work for $5.
    Neither you or me would like to work several hours for $5.. And most people on Fiverr doesn't.

Like Christopher said in his second reply:
    "That was a total game changer for me as a fresh business owner."

If you do things the right way you could get several orders a day & if you have a great gig which doesn't need hours to complete for each and every order, you've got yourself a winner!

Work for 10 minutes per order... That's 6 completed gigs per hour.. 6 x $5 = $30 ..

Best Regards,
    inyourway

inyourway, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  18. john123x

john123x Member

Best Answers:
    Once you're comfortable with HTML and CSS, start learning PHP and MySQL. PHP is a proper web scripting language used for building functional websites such as a social networking website. Then try SEOClerks.com/theme - thats my honest opinion.

john123x, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  19. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the meantime, when you are designing for other people, take note of their requirements, then when you know the perfect design that can attract visitors, then you can do one for yourself and start making money online through your own website or blog, that way you can get 2 streams of income.

Howard Lim, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  20. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to make money for one person is not the same for another necessarily. One person may be great at SEO, while another is good at graphic design. Our talents, skills, tools, geographical location, and so on may effect what is best for us as individuals or groups.

ViolentAJ, Jun 29, 2013 IP