1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anbody notice a drop in traffic yesterday?

I only had a incrase of five % from sunday. Or is there any Holidays taking place in the uk/us?

RossCheal, Oct 17, 2011 IP
  2. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The UK has half term hols for the kids in my area (Midlands). My proxies have just had like weekend traffic so far this week. The US schools must be doing something similar.

UncleP, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  3. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I herd on the radio today that it's half term in the UK hopefully it picks up again.

RossCheal, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  4. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could any of you guys give me a heads up and on where to Add the ad code on the poxified pages?

Thanks

5. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the theme config file, usually near the bottom, in the default theme it looks like this:

// Ad location on proxied pages below the url mini-form
    $themeReplace['proxied'] = <<<OUT
    [B]<!-- Ad Code Goes Here -->[/B]
    OUT;

Code (markup):
    It might vary a little in different themes but that will normally place the ads below the url box and above the proxied page contents, pop up or banner code will work but if you need it centered use the <p align="center"> tags i.e.

// Ad location on proxied pages below the url mini-form
    $themeReplace['proxied'] = <<<OUT
    [B]<p align="center">[/B]
    <!-- Ad Code Goes Here -->
    [B]</p>[/B]
    OUT;

Code (markup):
    You can also place ad code in the footer, below the proxied page contents in the admin.php "Edit Settings - Installation Options" in the "Footer include:" box.

UncleP, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  6. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you UncleP seems to be working fine.

Have you had much luck with Adversal if you dont mind me asking.

7. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot more luck than I ever had with AdBrite, that's for sure, lol. This month to date (17 days) is approx 37,500 impressions and $18 earned so that's the vps bill payed twice over :)
    Edit: And it's been a slow month, adsense has done four times that already.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    UncleP, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  8. Oxuro

Oxuro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to make a small announcement to make for all the Proxy Community and especial for the Proxy List owners , i believe you will find very interesting.

If you recall the blog entry on our site we made an announcement about ProxyNoid Proxy List modifications merged with Free Proxy List Script.

This time we have more important news, which will change the way that you are seeing your proxy lists and the whole proxy industry. Our recent releases of both of the modified version of xrvel's Free Proxy List Script and the Add-on for Will's Proxy List Script gives you the opportunity to increase your proxy list’s earnings by joining ProxyNoid’s Network

That's right, you can join ProxyNoid's Network and increase your proxy list's earnings.

By adding your proxy list into ProxyNoid’s network you will be able to receive automatically new proxy sites on your proxy list (always checked by the admins from ProxyNoid).

What’s so great about that?

• First you don’t have to worry about getting new proxies to your proxy list.
    • Secondly you can maximize your proxy list’s earnings and here is how.
    Each time a visitor clicks on a proxy site which was submitted by the ProxyNoid’s network, the visitor goes to a special page which will connect him to the proxy site. On that page will be placed YOUR advertising codes. Yes that’s right, your codes from the advertising networks that are compatible with ProxyNoid. But that’s not all, each unique visitor to that page credits your ProxyNoid account with some points. Those points are then converted automatically into ProxyNoid credits!

And guess what you can do with those ProxyNoid credits… That’s right, you can promote your own proxy site then back to the network.

So lets summarize this up.

• You get checked proxy submissions to your proxy list which brings you traffic to your list.
    • You earn $$ from your ads on ProxyNoid’s special page
    • You earn ProxyNoid credits
    • You earn money from your proxy sites

If you have a proxy list you can simple download the scripts (the add-on for Will's script or the complete ProxyNoid's modified Proxy List Script) and install them into your proxy list. But if you don’t have a proxy list you can make one easily.

All you have to do is email us the url of the list you want to use and we will make a unique for you API key and Proxy List ID.

Do you have questions? We are always here to answer them. Just send us an email on our site or a pm directly on the forum.

You can go on and log into your ProxyNoid account, check the download section, grab the latest release and check the compatible with ProxyNoid advertising networks.

Oxuro, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  9. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same issue, seen my proxy traffic about 20% of what it used to be. So what are the proxy hosters one can consider?

vahing, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  10. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try dualrack.com

Should do the trick.

iowadawg, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  11. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to be willing to accept that you are on a shared server number 1 and performance will fluctuate no matter who you are with. Number 2, if the host allows proxies, number 1 will be worse :)

tom11011, Oct 18, 2011 IP
  12. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your right We just have to grin and bare it unless you want a Vps ( still shared ) or a dedicated server.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  13. IndianWeddingCards

IndianWeddingCards Peon

Best Answers:
    ohh great, big discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IndianWeddingCards, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  14. rocksfan

rocksfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    has anyone exprienced traffic and earning lose yesterday nd today??

rocksfan, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  15. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Traffic is down on last week ( Uk Half Term ) but I had my highest day of earnings yesterday,So im not complaining.

Other parts of the Uk will have a week off next week also.

RossCheal, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  16. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    since there are a lot of users here that have proxy sites, why don't submit them at www.webproxy.us ? I will accept all of them ;)

dlatua, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  17. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    US traffic has picked up for me today, back to normal levels, must've been a short break. UK traffic will be slow 'cuz of half term.

What traffic numbers do you offer? Is it auto approve, how often checked, backlink required etc.? The site's only 6 months old. (And also looks like unlicensed script version, no offense.)

UncleP, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  18. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, the site is new. no back link is needed. The traffic isn't that much but you still get a back link for free :p
    Not it is not auto approve, just to avoid spam.
    The developer site of the script doesn't exist anymore, so basically it is a free script now :p

dlatua, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  19. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you give a little information on your site?.

RossCheal, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  20. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know it's not supported anymore but you could at least take out the google verify meta tag that belongs to the original uploader, it's a bit of a givaway to it's origins :D You have adsense on it too so big G could have issues if you're not careful.
    There are also ways around auto spam as well but that's for another thread. Where/how has it been promoted? Traffic is not hard to get, only hard to keep. I wish you luck with it.

UncleP, Oct 19, 2011 IP