1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is just a proxy list. (it is like a web directory, but all links appears all in one list, so the visitors can choose a (or more) proxy to use.

Right now is a bit late, but I will check later about what you said.
    More relate backlinks will make your site rank batter in SE and this will bring you more traffic.
    The site will be promoted as soon as it gets more submitted links

dlatua, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  2. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Checked my stats for yesterday and there back to a normal level now.

RossCheal, Oct 19, 2011 IP
  3. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was just wondering do you guys submit to lists that accpet .Tk and co.cc

Can this affect our sites? I tend not to sumbit to lists that accept these domains but should I just be taking all the traffic I can ?

Ross.

RossCheal, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  4. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not usually, The odd one that gets lots of traffic maybe but a most get floods of free domains, dozens even hundreds a day so I don't bother with those. Each listing only gets 1 or 2 hits if it's lucky, a lot get none, plus the new ones push the old ones way back down the list pages so the chances of being seen at all are remote, let alone get any traffic.

I think the traffic from proxy lists generally has dropped anyway lately, and a few lists have died the death altogether. If they have premium listings it can be worthwhile because they're always visible, not many people go through the older listings, once they're out of site they're out of mind.

UncleP, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  5. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly what i was thinking One list got me 58 hits in a week then once its been pushed down ive not had one since.

Just really struggling to to find other methods of attracting more traffic.

RossCheal, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  6. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is were the learning part comes in. To stay visible you have to buy premium listings if they're available, not all lists do them and not all will make back what you spend on them. The baron (proxy org) charges $250 a month for top spot on his list :eek: but that's a bit too rich for me I'm afraid, I'm just a cheapskate. I've sent you a little "something for the weekend" :D

UncleP, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  7. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can everyone who owns a proxy list and wants to be part of a new service at http://proxysubmitter.com send me a PM with the URL of your list and I'll add you in.

nick-a, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  8. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nick are the servers used for your proxy hosting packages based in the Uk may I ask ?

Ross

RossCheal, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  9. geekos

geekos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    geekos, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  10. boatsource

boatsource Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Proxy Sites: http://www.theproxysites.com is a Proxy top site looking for new listings. It's PR2 (fluctuates to PR3) and 5 1/2 years old - good link juice.

I'm about to delete some dormant listings so now is the time to get on the list as there's a chance you'll be on the front page. You can definitely be on the front page if you're using the tracking links.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    boatsource, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  11. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is tracking links sorry it's a bit of a noob question.

RossCheal, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  12. Korrupt

Korrupt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any of you willing to sell a 300x250 advertisement on your proxies and proxy lists? I'd like a test run first, before I make an investment.
    PM me with the details of your UVs/day, your traffic distribution, and your expected price. I'd also like to know if you use geo-targeting or not

Korrupt, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  13. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Heads up to all proxy owners......

Later today I will be deleting ALL proxies from my proxy list blog.

So do not submit your proxies yet.

Later, when I have done this, will let you all know.

Thank you.

iowadawg, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  14. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

I've just finished writing an article for ProxyBlog.net - Are Pop Ups on Proxy Sites Worthwhile?

It's pretty much a run down of the pros and cons of adding pop ups to your proxy websites. It also advises you on the best popup advertiser (in my experience) and some tips on how to sign up with them. Let me know if I missed anything or you think I should add something in.

venturefox, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  15. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't particularly care for popups. Also, I feel my sites do fairly well with adsense as they are, if I put popups on there, I think it could actually have the reverse effect. I suppose if your proxy is new or a low earner, maybe its worth a try. Maybe "popunder" ads would be a better choice.

tom11011, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  16. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive been running Pop-ups on my site for around Two weeks and i have had a pretty decent sustatined income from it,My traffic levels look like they have stayed the same so i dont think its driving users away.

RossCheal, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  17. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input. My websites make the majority of earnings from the index page and some people may be happy to stick with that. However, I think it's fair to add on a limited amount of extra advertisements, like popups, to make best use of ad space. If you think about it, visitors spend most of their time on the proxy browser and these pages are using up mega amounts of server resources compared to a static homepage. I have used pop unders on every site I own for several years now and maintained a solid amount of traffic to those sites. I think the irritation to the end user is minimal because adversal has a 1 per x amount of time limitation and it's only one click to close the window. It is true that adversal is helpful on new sites, because that burst of traffic will add a little spike to your adversal earnings for one day but I always keep them on afterwards. I run some big sites with pop unders on, so I think your assertion it's only for "low earner" sites is wrong.

venturefox, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  18. RossCheal

RossCheal Active Member

Best Answers:
    While we are on the subject of Monetizing our sites has anyone used BizzClick,ive just noticed there ad at the top of DP....... im going to launch a proxy tomorow so might check them out if they allow proxies that is as i havnt totally read there TOS,But I was just wondering if any of you guys have used them in the past or are currently using them ?

RossCheal, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  19. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone does proxy promotion? I have around 15-20 proxies that need promoting if you could drop me a PM with packages and pricings.

Thanks

Luke

lukey372, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  20. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Cleared out my proxies list blog yesterday.
    Now ready to accept proxy sites only.
    Free to submit your proxy sites.

Go now to:
    The Proxies Blog

iowadawg, Oct 31, 2011 IP