1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    Greyhound, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  2. nwk

nwk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of trouble are you having with Google? Also, does anyone know the possibilities of proxy sites getting banned from adsense. I was planning hard to put up one of my sites but this SOPA and all are giving me headaches.

nwk, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  3. happykadaw

happykadaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, someone was using one of my proxy websites to browse adult websites and Google caught that and said I was linking to adult websites, which is against their TOS.

happykadaw, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  4. mrgilb

mrgilb Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are your proxy domain names and how are you hosting them? What script do you use?

You may want to remove the Adsense temporarily so your entire account doesn't get banned.

mrgilb, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  5. happykadaw

happykadaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using phproxy and my proxies are hosted on a dedicated server. I had removed the ads the first day I got the notice.

happykadaw, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  6. happykadaw

happykadaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was never really deeply involved in the proxy business - less than 12 proxy websites in my entire 3.5 years of running it. But here's an interesting story. I purchased 3 proxy websites from our DP forum member, Faint15, for $120. You can see the deal thread here. The domains were IPScreen, IPShade, and IPMask. It wasn't earning that kind of money that the original seller was claiming, but the traffic was good enough.

Hosting: I started off with shared hosting, then got banned a few weeks later and moved to VPS after. I switched to Dedicated servers after VPS can no longer hold the traffic. I banned all traffics from China.

Advertisement: I spent two weeks promoting them three websites through google and yahoo group, using a yahoo auto poster script that I bought from DP. That was it.

Earnings: IPMask was the only earner out of the three. It was making about $90/month. Screenshot below.

[​IMG]

I killed IPMask in Jan 2010 after Google banned my adsense for that domain. I forwarded all traffic to IPShade. Sometime in June 2010, I unblocked China traffic and it gave me a tremendous boost in traffic. For milestone, I was getting as high as 30k unique visitors and $129 in one day. I pulled the data out earlier today and had to LOL at the CPC.

[​IMG]
    About 70% of the traffic was from the search engine.

Jan 2011, Google de-indexed IPShade and I noticed a huge drop in traffic as well as revenue.

Anyway, I'm planning to run my proxies ad-free for another few weeks before I redirect the traffic to an appropriate destination.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    happykadaw, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  7. cybertr0ne

cybertr0ne Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm worried about those ACTA,SOPA,PIPA stuff and how this will impact the proxy business
    My f*ckin country just signed ACTA and my home server is very disturbing for me now.
    What might happen if the cops knock on the door some day?

cybertr0ne, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  8. soldoni

soldoni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just brought a dedicated server for my new proxy business project. but I started also some microniche projects but I dont want put them in this server, so now I need some cheap hosting for them :)
    my total investment at this time is:
    600$ one year dedicated server
    10$-20$ for one year of cheap hosting for the microniche sites (I will use them to promote my proxies)
    95$ for a .org domain... its very good name "freeproxysite" I already have the .info
    7$ for 6 .info domains

soldoni, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  9. Oxuro

Oxuro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello guys,

a couple pages back i made a post here about the biggest proxy hosting contest that ProxyNoid and x Proxy Host is going to have this month ( for those who want a little bit of more info you can check this blogpost about The Biggest Proxy Hosting Contest is coming in Feb )

We just want to let you know that the official start date for the biggest proxy hosting contest will be Feb. 15, 2012.

If you sign up at ProxyNoid you will be entered into this contest automatically.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    Oxuro, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  10. Oxuro

Oxuro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oxuro, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  11. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello folks, it's time to release a new glype theme named "concurrence". Again the css template is coming from FreeCssTemplates.org and I spent another whole day to code it into glype theme about one year ago.

It's a clean theme with blue/white color. I have coded the theme with adsense ready. Also the theme has plenty space for you to insert more ads text or links.

Snapshot:
    [​IMG]

Live demo:
    http://concurrenceproxy.tk

Download:
    http://www.free-proxy-hosting.com/showthread.php?tid=39

Folks, I really need your comments for my themes, thus I will improve them in the further themes.

Greyhound, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  12. soldoni

Best Answers:
    good template, thanks

soldoni, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  13. johnny.us

johnny.us Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxy sites in my signature :)

johnny.us, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  14. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Add your proxies at www.ProxyPromotion.com (PR2)

Use the coupon "ProxyPromotion" to get $1 off for the "Super Premium" plan
    Your proxy will be placed on the top of the list with red background and bold text.

Add your proxy list sites at www.ProxyPromotion.com (PR2)

Use the coupon "ProxyList" for the plan "Proxy List Sites" and get $2 off!
    Your proxy list will be placed on top (after the premium proxy listing plans) with green background and bold text.

Plans payment are available for 30 days.

Thank you

dlatua, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  15. soldoni

Best Answers:
    just created a new top site list.
    this week I start adversing on this site... so submit your site now to get a lot of visitors in the next days ;)
    http://unblockedproxysites.info
    Code (markup):

soldoni, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  16. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Given that it's a new listing site how about waiving the backlink requirement to start with, making it optional, I'm sure you'd get more submissions. Then people can judge the traffic sent for themselves. One question: is the listing instant and auto approved or do they get reviewed manually?

UncleP, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  17. WebEvader

WebEvader Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a while since I have posted in this thread, however if anyone has a PR4+ proxy list and are looking for a link exchange with a site of the same PR please PM me ;)

Also, I would just like to say that I have recently update the WebEvader.org site with a new template, so if you see any problems pls could you point them out. Thanks!

WebEvader, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  18. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I like the new template. One problem though. I clicked on a proxy from your list and it opens the redirect page(http://webevader.org/redirect.php?url=) from your site which is from the old template. You would want to fix that.

newbie191, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  19. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well was gonna use your Template but since you have that silly MyBB StopSpam Plugin that makes 80% of your members not be able to sign up i guess i will not be getting the templates.

SKULL, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  20. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    USA first, without doubt. NL and DE show proxified sites in foreign languages, USA hosts show in English. UK is a good second choice for the same reason.

UncleP, Feb 13, 2012 IP