1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Monetization Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Seqqa, Sep 17, 2008.

1. simon369

simon369 Active Member

Best Answers:
    depending on how many visitors you get vasago i would pay you to place my google group subscription form on your proxy and even throw in some promotion from it

Thanks

simon369, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best promottion method I know for a proxy is give it a simple domain that way people will pass it around, if it's complex and hard to remember no one will spread you proxy. You only need to tell a few people then just let word of mouth kick in.

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  3. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Popups in general are traffic killers on proxy! .... Think yourself ... u jus got 10 mins or so to sneak into your facebook/myspace and u see a zillion popups ...... i would hate that too!

tripad, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  4. Panzer

Panzer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Vasago, how long has your proxy been up?

Panzer, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You wouldn't make anything now anyway so I dont think you need to worry, it's pop up companies against the browsers. :D

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  6. solidstate

solidstate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 32 proxy sites running with adsense,bidvertise(on proxified page) but still i earn like $0.5 per day from adsense and bidvertise is way too low.... What should i do?? I havent submitted my proxies to any topsites. But yah 4 months ago i brought some group submission. How could i make more money with my proxies... if any one can make more profit/earning from my proxy network, i am ready to share 50% of the profit. here is one of my proxy site 200Hz.com

solidstate, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  7. Panzer

Panzer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have good days and bad days with Adsense. If its a click from Iran i usually only get $0.01-$0.05 for it. If its from the US, UK or Europe then i get around $0.4 - $0.6. See where your traffic is coming from. You may want to trial blocking Iran and China on a couple so it speeds the proxy up for American/European users.

What sort of traffic do you get?

Panzer, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  8. simon369

simon369 Active Member

Best Answers:
    your account is suspended

simon369, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you put adsense on proxfied pages you will be banned, not sure about bidvertise but you need to watch where you put adsense on proxies.

Seqqa, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  10. solidstate

Best Answers:
    oh sorry my proxy sites are suspended on my hosting. will be online with in 24hr.

i dont put adsense on proxified pages. i use bidvertise on proxified pages.

solidstate, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  11. jeremynet

jeremynet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, last time I used bidvertisers on proxified pages.. they banned my account.
    I wonder anyone still benefit from bidvertiser here... ;)

jeremynet, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  12. Panzer

Panzer Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much on average do people get from the ads on proxified pages? I earned so little that i ended up taking it off.

Panzer, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  13. goldmon

goldmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i can confirm that from my experience..good domain are remember bu users who visit proxy..

goldmon, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  14. vasago

vasago Peon

Best Answers:
    My proxy is a couple of months old. Zero promotion last 2-2.5 months.
    And I've recently paid $20-$25 for some promotion services and got very nice traffic.

As I already said - I think the key is to make it simple and somewhat fancy looking... For example mine gets bookmarked by 80% of the new visitors. I just checked the statistics again.

Yes, popups are a big NO. However I'm trying some PopUnders (on proxified pages) last couple of days. They somehow sneak through the popup blocking abilities of last Firefox/IE :rolleyes: and aren't so annoying cause the user can't make direct connection between your proxy and the window that appears a bit later.. . I'm not sure I'd keep them - just wanted to see how profitable they are.

As for a nice CPM network - yesterday I got an approval from MediaShakers. I even don't remember when I applied there :) . But I suspect that the traffic raise last days made them interested in my site. Btw their ads aren't bad looking/annoying in general.

Bidvertiser on proxified pages is close to meaningless, indeed.

vasago, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  15. spidro

spidro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    guys anyone have tried the new glype 1.0 yet?:confused:

try cpalead on the proxified pages http://www.cpalead.com/
    worked good for me and there proxy owners

spidro, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  16. solidstate

Best Answers:
    Oh so should i remove bidvertise from my proxified pages?? but i got some click from it and earned like $2.79 so far. Still i am not banned on bidvertiser. i am still looking for someone who can make more profit from my proxy network, willing to make him 50% profit share partner.

solidstate, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  17. Worthen

Worthen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm working on a few angles at coming up with a new network to monetize proxy traffic. I'm weak on the tech end but won't your popunders coming from proxyfied pages all have the same ip# or am i missing it.

If you have an average of 33000 visitors a day that average visiting 3 sites each and you are selling me 99,000 popunders, then won't they all have the exact same ip#

I can see if the popunders load behind your homepage then i would get 33,000 unique ip#s --- please advise?

Worthen, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  18. vasago

vasago Peon

Best Answers:
    The Popunders and ads in general track the IP of the machine that loads the page (and the add respectively).
    A popunder usually loads a new window after the user navigates off or closes the page that caused the popunder.. The effect is not so annoying cause it's not like clicking a link and popping an ugly add right in your face. The popunder window loads afterwords and stays minimized. At some moment the user notices there is another browser open and clicks on it to see what's that... and "where did that shit come from?" .

vasago, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  19. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen people put widgetbucks on proxfied pages, but I'm not sure how it converts and if there any good or not.

Seqqa, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  20. Worthen

Worthen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that explanation.

By the way, one of my techs built a popunder generator that works only when someone leaves the site it's installed on and goes to another, and then the popunder will load behind that page.

We haven't test it out yet nor have we decided that it would be better liked by web publishers. I'm now having second thoughts and thinking the loss from web users that close their browser without visiting another page might make it less apealing than the benefit of not appearing to be the bearer of popunders. What do you think?

Worthen, Oct 7, 2008 IP