1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The right CMS to use for job bidding site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Glagnar, Nov 30, 2011.

Hi guys,

i'm planning to make "job bidding" site like freelancer.com where people can submit jobs and others can respond with bids of varying amounts.

Now at first i though i'd just use a forum system like simplemachines or mybb - not that i've ever worked with things like that before, up until now i've only worked with Flash and simple html - but now i'm thinking it might not be quite right as for instance i want to display information like "current lowest bid" on certain jobs.

Sidenote is that i won't need any e-commerce type stuff, it will be a free service based on ad revenue - though i do want a fairly customized registry process specific to this site with some user info to be publicly displayed.

I'm looking for the system that is easiest of use/implementation, preferably open source but at least affordable and it would be cool i can just cram it in a "regular" html site...

I hope i've explained this properly, let me know if i haven't ;)

Glagnar, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  2. aspal

aspal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think joomla is good for you

aspal, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  3. Glagnar

Glagnar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm yes i tried joomla before on a project a few years back - found it quite hard to get my head around, it does seem to have all the features i nees though... Anyone have any experience with Drupal? Is it easier than Joomla or harder?

EDIT: whops nvm i just read a thread here wich answered my question - apparently Joomla is one of the easier ones ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
    Glagnar, Dec 6, 2011 IP
  4. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    I would have recommended Joomla for you but it wont have all the features required for your website. Try Django i guess it is good...no idea though...

andersonsjohn, Jan 11, 2012 IP