1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Short, Painful Life of 16 year-old Atefeh Rajabi

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ! !, Dec 4, 2004.

1. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    thats a very sad story indeed. :mad: the men should have been punished as well, then they won't be so keen to jump into bed with a minor.

payoutwindow, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  2. insanesurfer

insanesurfer Guest

Best Answers:
    It is scary to think that stuff like this happens still in our world:(

insanesurfer, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  3. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    looking at some of the other topics created by ! !
    and seeing theier numerous replies - very surprised this one is one of the least popular

never know what topics will affect people -

! !, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I must say that "scary" and "sad" aren't words that come to my mind... how about "barbaric", "inhuman", "monstrous", "unforgiveable", "cowardly"?

Hypocritical bastards.

minstrel, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In the muslim countries girls who are raped are killed by their own family - because they say she is a disgrace to the family! Sad sad world...

I agree with your words minstrel...

debunked, Dec 6, 2004 IP
  6. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    ...And people that blow up other innocent people in the name of "god" go to "heaven". Riiiiiiiight...

That's just pathetic :mad:

ViciousSummer, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  7. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a start :mad:

Trance-formation, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  8. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    It is very hard for us to understand why they do these things without any indication of consciounce or morals but it is their culture. I'm not condoning what they've done to this girl because it is a horrific story. All I'm saying is that they trully believe they are doing the right thing. Some of these religious leaders are so proud and for anyone to speak back to them is a sin itself... to them.

Weirfire, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  9. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I don't give a shit if it's their "culture". There is no excuse. Treating women like dirt (simply because they are women) and killing people for no reason is not right, no matter what god you hide behind. It's your own choice to follow and your own choice to believe the crap that someone feeds your weak mind.

eXe likes this.
  10. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    You say all that but it's both of our governments who are sending troops out to countries like that to fight against terrorism apparently when it's really just about the oil. Thousands of people are dying because of this. What is better, people dying for beliefs or people dying for greed? In ideal World we would have neither but the truth of it is that there are horrible things happening all over the World and not just in these countries.

Weirfire, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  11. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed, but comparing one barbarity with another makes neither any the less barbaric

Trance-formation, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  12. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

Kalina

Colleen, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  13. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    What does this have to do about war or the "fight against terrorism"? I don't support the American government, but what exactly does any of that have to do with the belief that killing a 16 year old girl for having consentual sex with a guy, but not punishing the man? Or, that killing innocent people in the name of "god" (or any other name) is right and moral. I'm not condemning the people of Iran as a whole. There are plenty of people from Iran that do not believe in this crap. But, the ones that do condone this behavior because someone told them it is right or they read it in a book...please. Weak minds.

14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    It's called social conditioning.

SEbasic, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So I hear many folks saying "they" and "we", do you think that this treatment of women is exclusive to "them"?

What happens to girls when they go to jail in this country?

What happens to women who get beat up in this country everyday by their own families and boyfriends. Do you think it is right that our court system lets a guy out of jail after a month when he beat his woman nearly to death or really did kill her? I have had girls show me photos of themselves after their boyfriend beat them and their heads looked like watermelons and their face looked like Mike Tyson just beat them to a pulp. That happened right here in the USA. So it is not just in "those nations”.

In ancient times men and women were stoned for adultery as an example, they did not put folks in jail in some communities.

These nations do treat men or look upon men with favor over women and that is the thing that is wrong with their laws. But at the same time the religious leaders are the government as it is in Iran.

The great thing about America is that you can choose to live as you wish in most cases, if you want to practice religion you can, if you want to rock and roll you can.

But in some countries like the former Soviet Union, you had little choice to believe what you wished and little freedom to practice your beliefs in public.

anthonycea, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  16. Weirfire

Best Answers:
    Like I said, I wasn't condoning these barbaric acts. All I'm saying is that their motive for doing these things is because they believe they are protecting their own society.

What if there was a country that didn't see anything wrong with killing people. They might look at our culture and think it's barbaric to lock these murderers away.

It really is sad what the women in Iran have to go through. Is there anything that the Western World can do for these people !_! ?

Weirfire, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, we can do something for them, stay out of their business, like we should have been doing all along in the country called Iraq. :p

18. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. You're dead wrong on this one, AC. If you look the other way while someone in the name of religion murders a girl-child for any reason, especially one so ntrivial and hypocritical, you are an implicit accomplice. And please don't give me the crap about how it happens in North America too -- of course it does, and we as a society are trying to do something to stop it. In Iran, they generally applaud it in the name of elders and some distorted version of a god that purportedly approves of murdering children.

minstrel, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If we are so good why do you see women on MTV rap videos dancing at the same time we call them bitches and ho's :confused:

Is this the way we raise our kids?

How about the video game where you can kill JFK again Minstrel?

Are we an example that the rest of the world should follow, start wars, kill folks for oil, lie and steal and rig elections.

Should they follow these good examples Minstrel?