1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Story about Facebook releases tomorrow in USA

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JoTheEntreprenette, Sep 29, 2010.

The soon-to-be-released movie about the founding of Facebook is fiction yet many people still don’t realize this.

Most people know that Facebook “isn’t happy” about the movie, however most people don’t realize that it’s actually false. That could explain why the company isn’t exactly happy about the movie, which has received an insane amount of buzz.

Over the past few years, details have slowly leaked out. Very few people will probably ever know the true story.

The most recent set of details come in the form of a set of previously unpublished instant messages in which Mark Zuckerberg explains why he diluted Eduardo Saverin, one of the initial co-Founders, out of the company.

After Eduardo didn’t take an offer to fly out to Palo Alto, Mark decided to push him out of the company. As he said in an intstant message to fellow co-founder Dustin Moskovitz, “He was supposed to set up the company, get funding, and make a business model. He failed at all three.” It’s a legitimate point, and it’s a problem which many co-founders have dealt with. When a “partner” doesn’t participate in the creation of a business, do they deserve an equal share just because that was the intent when an agreement was signed?

The Facebook boss clearly believe that Eduardo Saeverin didn’t deserve the equity. Saeverin was not exactly happy about being diluted out of the business.

The result? A massive hollywood movie based on a story which was pitched to Ben Mezrich by Saeverin and a cool billion dollars. Not a bad deal for someone who wanted to get revenge and simultaneously cash in on one of the hottest internet startups of the past decade.

My sources tell me that the movie is more of an attack on the Facebook founder, than on Facebook.

Has anyone got plans to see the movie this weekend?

Regards

Jo

JoTheEntreprenette, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  2. razz.jazz

razz.jazz Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Although its interesting to see the story be about young partnerships and young interests in the savvy internet world. I really could care less about Facebook. I remember when Facebook started and I knew people behind the scenes and alot of it is fictionalized. The book was made to sell books. The movie is made to sell tickets. It's part of the Facebook hype that is currently going on.

It is kind of like copyright. If you have an idea and you haven't put it in a tangible form, it isn't legally your idea anymore. You have no proof to it. Even if you did have proof to it, you already have to work uphill to show its yours. I don't really care for Zuckerberg and I believe he was a lil dork who wanted to get chicks and be cool. But I believe he's right. To some extent anyways.

At the end of the day, I don't really care. Facebook is over hyped and the movie is being sold to the 500 million users that use it. Rolling Stone took its advertising money from the films producers..

razz.jazz, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  3. LearnEverything

LearnEverything Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I saw the Facebook movie last night. It was apparent this movie was being conveyed from someone other than Zuckerberg. The movie was based around the lawsuits from Saeverin and the Winklevoss brothers. However I must admit the story line was interesting, although I hear it was not as exciting as it was in real life.

LearnEverything, Oct 3, 2010 IP