1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The success of smaller scale

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Oozen, May 13, 2013.

Most people who work a 9 - 5 job often wonder how they will get out of the financial situation they are in when they don't have the technical and educational background to succeed in their desired field. The truth is you were already taught those skills to succeed by your current employer when they hired you to work for them your just choosing the wrong scale.

Let me explain. I personally want to own my own bank so I went and purposefully got a job at a corporate bank to learn all the ins and out directly from them. They in turn gave me all the educational training I needed to be able to work for them but instead I can use what they taught me for my own business just on a smaller scale.

In my job I am required to learn all the bank regulations and all the procedures that make their bank successful so that information and those skills are transferable. While working in the bank I can see what they do wrong and think up ideas that I could do better that would give me a competitive advantage.

Where scale comes in is that you don't need millions of customers like these big companies do to be successful. You only need a small fraction to live a nice above average life doing the same thing you already do for them but for yourself.

So learn as much as you can at your job. Be the best you can at it while your there because those skills and traits will transfer over when it is time for you to start your own small scale niche business.

This doesn't just apply to banking. It can be any industry. Just sit down one day and write down all the things you know about your job and all the things you would fix if you were the boss. You will soon see that you already know what's needed to be successful. All you need now is to save the money up to get your ideas implemented which they also give you while teaching you to work for them.

Just think if you work for a rental car service you know how much they charge and how the cars are cleaned when they're returned etc. Why not do the same thing for yourself but on a smaller scale? All you would need to do is buy used cars cheap and work with a mechanic to fix them and rent them out in lower income areas with that same knowledge.

Same with working at a fast food place. You know all the equipment and all the products needed for that business to be successful. The only difference is when they need a million customers you only need a 1000 a month selling the same food you already do but for yourself.

The key is to find out what salary will make you happy to start and scale your business knowledge down to what you need to make that. Once you can do that you will have all the time and money needed to go back to school and get the additional education your going to need to take it to the next level.

"Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance". - Bruce Barton

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    Oozen, May 13, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree all the little successes you have at regular jobs can set you up, and get you ready for your online business success. We shouldn't over look the basics that lead to great things . great post. :)

ninjamtlt1, May 15, 2013 IP