1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about social bookmarking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by DesertGirl, Dec 30, 2008.

OK we are all very busy and once and for all I'd like to understand what is complete waste of time in terms of social bookmarking etc. I've gone through dozens of these sites and so far this is what I think is most worth while, but would like your opinion:

1. Stumbleupon- ok stumbled my sites, some inner pages...what else? How does this exactly work?

2. Digg- submitted some news, articles OK I get it

3. Delicious- marked my site

I heard I should use twitter...why not, I'll give it a try. Would love opinion from people who had success with this and how.

DesertGirl, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  2. trafficwave

trafficwave Peon

Best Answers:
    My own experience is that sites like these simply give you visibility. My Twitter followers list grows by the day.

My personal approach is to treat it like I would any other social/networking event. Be cordial. Participate in some actual discussions and get to know people. I'll make business posts when I complete a new article or run a special offer, etc...

The idea (for me) is to build visibility, make new contacts, and be generally available as a credible authority within my niche.

I've had some nice success with it, so far. Made some nice contacts and can trace a few sales back to some of my tweets and other social bookmarks.

trafficwave, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  3. bonjour123

bonjour123 Peon

Best Answers:
    If u make friends in social networking website and submit ur link you will most likely get more diggs or points and get alot more popularity

bonjour123, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  4. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've said it before...the key to social bookmarking is having "Friends", "Followers", etc. The more you have, the more exposure you will get. Transparency is also a key element. Meaning, let people know you're a real person, who can be contacted and interacted with. This personal touch let's people get to know you better and the trust gained will pay off in visits to your site.

christian231, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  5. tmontana

tmontana Guest

Best Answers:
    agree with christian, you need lots of friends/followers on these SB sites and have a persoanl profle with photo etc

tmontana, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  6. DesertGirl

DesertGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm...creating 'friends and followers' takes lots of time, if I try to do that on every social internet site, I'd have no time to actually work. Maybe I should use my current established networks like Facebook instead of starting somewhere from scratch?

DesertGirl, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  7. inManila

inManila Peon

Best Answers:
    I Also have some incoming links from social bookmarking, paid a company to submit to dozens of social bookmarking (there are many out there apperantly), from pr3 to 9, and some actually gave me some backlinks

inManila, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  8. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    SB that works best for me is reddit... others not bringing traffic

Viktor Drej, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  9. b1e2n3i4

b1e2n3i4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha funny guy :D

b1e2n3i4, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  10. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also facebook/squidoo are few pretty cool social utility that can help you in traffic.

bobchrist, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  11. mr_gadget

mr_gadget Peon

Best Answers:
    Each of the social media has its own particular purpose, strengths and weaknesses. My favorites are Digg and Stumble Upon.

At the moment, Twitter is so hot it's not funny. Check out an article I just wrote on it:
    Twitter is Growing Exponentially!

mr_gadget, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  12. asholar

asholar Peon

Best Answers:
    i got 1000 of visitors from this social bookmarking websites. my max traffic per day is nearly 10000

asholar, Dec 31, 2008 IP