1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Wonders of Social Media Optimization

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ant.brown, Jan 11, 2012.

The Wonders of Social Media Optimisation

Over the years, I have witnessed that the online market is fast becoming a rapid-paced, competitive world to live in. As per online business in concerned, it is quite tough to survive a place where competition among their kind is tight and rampant. A lot of online businesses are now opting for different techniques for their business to remain standing amidst the tight competition. This is where social media optimization comes into place.

Social media optimization or SMO is an online advertising strategy that aims to increase the publicity of a particular website through the use of social media. An online media can be in a form of photo, blog, games, news and among others that are made public through submission to the social media. Social media optimization is a marketing campaign that utilizes the existing social networks online for them to increase the brand awareness of their site. It is quite a phenomenon allowing a community of web surfers to get the marketing messages that you delivered by means by the aforementioned social media. The goal of social media optimisation is to generate lead to a website to increase link backs which increases the ranking of the site. Social media allows you to reach the community through posting contents.

One good benefit of social media optimisation is that it gives you an inspiration to improve not only your website but yourself as well in creating and building profound, excellent and keyword rich contents that serves as the key to increase your link backs.

ant.brown, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  2. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that SMO is one of the most effective ways of promoting your e-marketing techniques, but you should be aware how to work with them, so that to get the best results!

Ella_Z., Jan 12, 2012 IP
  3. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Social media marketing is powerful but its really difficult to make connection with people

sharma.gaurav, Jan 12, 2012 IP
  4. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know how to do it well its not a problem as for making connections with people, you have to establish trust and be active.

chinasa, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  5. navneetsau

navneetsau Guest

Best Answers:
    Well said by Chinasa

navneetsau, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  6. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I think that keywords are better left to the SEO experts. Social Media should be about brand values, trust, honesty and engaging with your customers. (IMO)

JPMiddleton, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  7. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I couldn't even be bothered reading the small text - what a pain in the ass...

thsadmin, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  8. sam_thomas

sam_thomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Smo is best way to communicate the users and discuss about your business .

sam_thomas, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  9. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    i totally agree. since my site is online I've integrating various social media tools like bookmarking tools, sharing tools and even i have implemented the facebook app capabilities to my website to make my website's presence in the vast network of facebook.

smileverse, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  10. Alexander P.

Alexander P. Peon

Best Answers:
    With the Internet Marketing that we have today, I think being only on one side could be both an advantage and disadvantage.

Why?

If you just focus on social media optimization (not bad if you do), then you might be missing some important factors when it comes to SEO/SEM.
    Just as you do only SEO/SEM, you might end up missing some important factors that will largely contribute to your product or services, or offer in the Internet.

So whether both of them are more beneficial than the other, it is way better if you use both in your Internet Marketing strategy and not just focus on one.

Alexander P., Jan 18, 2012 IP
  11. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @Alexander P. - or you just install the buttons on your site and if your contents worthy - your visitors will submit your content for you... like wise with links - people will start linking back to you... same with directories as most are reliant on Bing or Yahoo for their results (boosting their page activity with feeds) and once you get good positions in SE's - you'll get natural traffic from them also. Just work on your site and your site only and the rest will fall into place.

thsadmin, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  12. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the interesting info. I totally agree and think that future of marketing is based on blooging and social networks.

Sam Gilmore, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  13. cassiegetty

cassiegetty Peon

Best Answers:
    social media optimization combined with traditional SEO is one of the intelligent way to get traffic on your website or your product.

cassiegetty, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  14. boushy

boushy Active Member

Best Answers:
    SMO does help to attract traffic.

boushy, Jan 18, 2012 IP