1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking to start CSS Gallery Website - What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by glitto, Dec 25, 2008.

Hi,

I am thinking to make a CSS gallery website where people can see and submit beautiful and inspirational websites and get new ideas.

But before that I want to know how is the idea?

There are already many CSS galleries out there so will my site get any space in the crowd?

What's your opinion?

glitto, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah there still room to be filled in this niche.
    But you must have something that other doesn't have at your site to stand up among other.
    For example,you can offered paid CSS for free at your site.
    Or you can organize a contest to offer attractive prize to winner

mentos, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  3. Anttila

Anttila Peon

Best Answers:
    Design contests are allways interesting. Invest on some attractive prizes and you'll get designers participating. Designers need credits/signs of authority and winning a design contest is one.

If you also keep it up to date (no crappy designs) I'm pretty sure there's room for one more css-gallery. Good luck + tell us once you've launched it! :)

Anttila, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  4. DrLakitu

DrLakitu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah CSS Gallery's are easy to maintain and you can make a tidy profit out of them :) be sure to update them regularly!

DrLakitu, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  5. Razz910

Razz910 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm, that's actually a pretty good idea.
    The niche isn't so oversaturated, space left for new projects.
    I say go with it, good luck ;)

Razz910, Jan 2, 2009 IP
  6. goldenpro

goldenpro Member

Best Answers:
    This good ideas to get interested from other.

- Make Bonus
    - Give free services in your site
    - Make Winner every month\year..etc

goldenpro, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  7. :-)

:-) Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be honest, now a days there is a lot of these sites out there, they used to be huge back in 2005-2006 when CSS was being used more often in site designs, CSS was a big buzz word in web design for a while now its literally common place, I used too advertise on a lot of the major ones e.g Cssbloom, Csstux etc.. Cant remember all of them but i advertised a web hosting and domain service on literally about 50 of these types of sites. I would suggest just making a more 'general website gallery' and focusing on HTML5 which is the new web design buzzword, after CSS it was 'AJAX' I would just yeah 100% get a nice domain name, use wordpress. There is many wordpress themes you can use and customise, either with a new logo and edit it up a lot or you can get one designed and coded from scratch, I would suggest also having a general web design blog with free resources and top lists like smashingmagazine and them kind of sites, posts such as 'Top 40 Well designed music websites' / 'Top 10 Wordpress plugins for SEO' etc.. These posts do really well because people share them on facebook and twitter and re-post about them and link back.

Also do interviews with web designers, this is a great way of getting content + adding valuable content to your site for your users

Good luck

:-), Sep 9, 2012 IP
    d3wlin likes this.