1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This site as added my site

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prowler, May 20, 2005.

Hi all i know this is not really important but after checking my links on google i like to see where my site is listed etc etc any way i saw a site a web design site so i clicked on the link and under there portfolio of sites that they have designed was mine could not believe as no one as designed mine except me but not moaning as it will give me a little free advertising. :D

xxx.netinforce.com/portfolio/auction-websites/port-auction-web.html

prowler, May 20, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's pretty blatant. But then again, how many people are going to check references? Probably not too many.

mopacfan, May 20, 2005 IP
  3. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    I would email these people demanding they take off the site from the porfolio.

This is just a form a modern stealing.. It's from some Indian guy.
    I'll PM you the details.

WhatiFind, May 20, 2005 IP
  4. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This company is doing the same thing:

www. geekteck .net

NONE of the site located there are their own. They are MonsterCommerce sites. This Geekteck site even stole some sales pitch images from MonsterCommerce's site.

This GeekTeck company is reeling people in using phoney samples - taking payment, and not delivering serive. They'll do this for a few months since it takes FOREVER to get caught for this stuff, then they will close up shop and move to a new domain where they will continue to rip people off.

I'd hat to be associated with that at all Prowler - but I'm not sure theres much you can do about it. MonsterCommerce is a pretty good size company and they are stuff sitting on their thumbs.

Epica, May 20, 2005 IP
  5. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so evil! They just steal people's site like that??

You shouldn't just let it go. This is more than a free advertising. People will come to your site and thinking you didn't do the design...!!!!

YianG, May 20, 2005 IP
  6. Zoned

Zoned Peon

Best Answers:
    How would you report a site that is doing that so as to stop them?
    A legal option would probably be too expensive!

Zoned, May 20, 2005 IP
  7. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can put it on your site and say "that site is full if s*** when it says it designed my layout! Don't believe it!", I think.

YianG, May 20, 2005 IP