1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Threatened by Service provider, what to do

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dominick, Jan 9, 2015.

Hi,

We're in a bit of a complex situation,
    We purchased a product and added an SLA,
    The service provider changed the features of this SLA so in 3 of the 12 months we are already almost out of the newly introduced credits.

I contacted them and said I feel they cannot do this and their reply was his staff had better things to do than reply to this kind of emails and next time I will be banned from my account.

We're not really sure what to do, any of you ever been in a situation like this?

Dominick, Jan 9, 2015 IP
  2. mikebvm

mikebvm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without knowing specifically what sort of service provider, it's tough to say what sort of agreements you have with them.

In general, however, most Terms of Service for most sites have some sort of stipulation that they can change their TOS (and subsequently other agreements like an SLA.) If they abide by that agreement, there's not much you can do except leave if you don't like it. Some terms require them to give you notice, but not all. If it requires them to give you notice and they didn't do that, you may have a temporary leg to stand on. Now if the SLA said you get something and they changed it retroactively to avoid any payout, there's where you really might have an argument against them.

I think the most concerning thing is their attitude about the whole thing. The approach towards customer service is probably all the indication that you need that it is time to shop elsewhere.

mikebvm, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  3. Louise Findley

Louise Findley Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Mikebvm. I you really want to follow this up I would contact trading standards or the online equivalent
    We are so open to unfair terms with big companies more so with internet/ technology issues Good Luck

Louise Findley, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  4. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of service is it? Maybe we can recommend a better provider ...

O-D-T, Jan 15, 2015 IP