1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for a long time and successful PTC business.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by yogesh1099, Dec 15, 2008.

Hello,

Well I have quite decent experience when it comes to PTC business and I have seen many PTC's going broke after a few months of succesful business the recent example being buxout and sandraclicks and I do not blame them, once you start the business you get so much of profit but once your PTC attains contantcy the revenue gradually decreases and the time comes when the money coming and going becomes equal and may get in minus if you dare to continue. Anyways there are exceptions... like neobux and isabelmarco, though i know isabel marco is falling to its knees now but neobux stands alone and i must say the admin has got brains, he not only innovated the PTC world but his exceptional ideas and calculations proved to be in the best interest of both the members and the owner(more to this side than that). His new system of renting referrals inspite of selling them and at a price which not only benefits him but the members think that they are earning huge amounts but when the end of the 30 day period comes it becomes quite clear that they did not earn much more than they invested but on the other hand they earned faster so they cannot complain and his idea of making things fair by introducing "click within every 24 hours if you wish to earn from ur referrals" proved to be terrific since that taught the lazy people "who want to sit back and relax while their referrals earn for them" a lesson that they need to work in order to get. Anyway we're not here to discuss the brilliance of the neobux admin(if they're truly his own ideas).

well Through this thread i want to work out what it needs to get a ptc to avoid loss and getting steady profit and satisfaction of members though we can compromise a few who hate "working" and in this case "clicking".

First I'll add a few points than i want you all to contribute, ofcourse you'll be able to that only if you have experiences and have suffered set backs in this business for I am sure everyone who'd have tried this business might have learnt something out of it.

Ok so here are my contributions...

=> First of all the members should'nt be given much more than they deserve by which I mean the cost per click ofcourse.

Here are the costs which in my opinion are the best to avoid early fall

Per click : $0.01
    per referral click : $0.005

You should be very thoughtfull when deciding cost per referral click coz' there are people out there who can referrer 100s in a matter of few hours..

Upgrade Price: b/w $60-90/ year (depending upon th number of priviledges you're giving them)

Upgraded member per click : $0.01 - 0.0125 (not more than that, after all they are getting other priviledges as well)

Upgraded member per referral click: $0.0075 - $0.01

=> Minimum number of ads: well according to me 4-5 ads for normal members and 8-10 ads for premiums are as sufficient as it should get, 'coz if you give them more ads to surf, your members'll reach payout very fast.

=> Minimum click policy: I think the minimum click policy is quite important as it puts a hold on to those lazy people who think they can earn money without doing anything, so members shall not get profit from their referrals if they do not click within the period of 24-48 hrs that is fair since its like "total inactivity of the account" more like "If you are not active, why not your referrals be inactive for you as well".

=> Sweep out inactive members at regular intervals: I suppose its necessary to clean those members who are inactive for 1 month or more since they just bring inconvinience to their uplines if they've been rented.

=> Incrementing Minimum Payout: Minimum payout is very important factor in deciding your PTC's life, after all that is the money go go part of a ptc :D .So you should be very considerate when it comes to deciding the minimum payout. It should neither be very huge since that might make the people reluctant to join the PTC which is quite unlike what we want and it should not be too small either 'coz that'll make your money wipe out very fast so why not have something that solves both the problems? why not increment the minimum payout limit with every cashout? so here's what i mean to say...
    The Minimum payout should begin with something like $2-5 but everytime a user cash out's it should be lifted by some considerable factor lets say by 25% - 50% ofcourse that might offend some of your members at first but then they'll realize how important this is for the life of the PTC. Though there should be a limit ofcourse so that it doesnt keeps on increasing, lets say it should not increase above $100 for normals and $50 for premiums so you have another priviledge to offer to your premium members.

=> Rental referral system and cost per referral:A major part contributing to the revenue of a ptc is from selling/renting referrals so you should be very careful while deciding the prices and all. well lets apply our mathematics in this...

say a person 'A' rents 10 referrals for a period of 30 days, out of which (on an avg) he forgets or has some problem clicking for 5 days , so 5 days of his profit is cut off and lets not forget that the downline may forget to click the day the poor 'A' has clicked so we'll calculate for 3.25 ads daily although we're giving them a minimum of 4 ads daily...oh.. but we're forgetting that there may be more than 4 ads at times too.. so lets calculate for 3.5 instead, so lets get back to the mathematics part.

Lets assume 'A' is a normal member for now,his 10 referrals will click 3.5 ads daily then total clicks for a day will be...

3.5*10 = 35

we're giving $0.005/ click

35 * 0.005 = $0.175 a day

for 30 days it will be...

30 * 0.175 =$5.25

hmm... so he's earning $5.25 from his rented referrals plus ofcourse his own earnings. so we should charge them about $5 for 10 referrals, atleast thats what i'd have done, rest is up to the webmaster and ofcourse the life of the ptc depends on this factor too, to tell you the truth a ptc hasn't got any revenue chances from advertisements since they are very rarely contribute to a ptc's revenue.

=> Additional Revenue options: well since i've already told you that the ptc rarely earns from advertisements and hence it is quite necessary to have additional revenue options not many though one or two shall do. I think jackpots are the best methods to shake the members money a little and will surely help lower your burden 'coz you know the people very much like to try their luck once or twice and if you devise a proper strategy you can knock them out of more money without causing much inconvinience. you can also have some games and pay them for their points and stuff like that.

=> Attractiveness: The attractiveness of a ptc is definitely a benificiary factor since the first impression is the last impression :D .

=> Additional features: Though it was hard to believe before neobux but some features definitely attract larger number of members and convince them to invest in the PTC like the Instant Payment system which is one of the most important contributor in the succesfulness of neobux and IPN is quite baneficiary as well.

Well apart from these i think good support and an active forum also helps a lot, so these were the things i could drum up, i would like you all to contribute in this since u know the more minds the better... :D and i would like you all to correct me if i got wrong anywhere.

Hope you liked this article! :)

Thank you and my Best regards

yogesh1099, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  2. MeniacMachine

MeniacMachine Peon

Best Answers:
    you need a progger

MeniacMachine, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  3. Optiplex Line

Optiplex Line Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice info, how long did it take you to write that? :p

Optiplex Line, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  4. verzent

verzent Peon

Best Answers:
    lengthy article, could you please describe it in short?

verzent, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the summary of what he had share with us,
    In order to increase your PTC life,you must do a few thing
    1.Increase minimum payout
    2.Lower the ads/day
    3.Lower the earning/ads
    4.Lower the referral bonus

mentos, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  6. yogesh1099

yogesh1099 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ofcourse you need a progger, these features require a complex bit of programming but the script i am currently writing will have all these features plus some others i didnt share here. BTW were you asking a question or stating it? lol

Thanks, no it didnt take much time, i think the best part of an hour or so...

well not exactly these but its closer, here's a better summary though.

-> Optimum per click price for referrals as well as member himself

-> Upgrade price based on the priviledges you're offering ($60- $90) and per click and per referral click accordingly.

-> not more than 4-5 ads to normal and 8-10 ads to premiums
    -> regular sweeping of inactive members
    -> minimum click required daily to get money from the referrals
    -> incrementing minimum payout, for each member the it should increment around 50-25% everytime they cashout.
    e.g. if a user cashes out at $3.04 next time he must earn $6.08 to cashout, that lowers the burden very greatly

-> Rent referrals instead instead of selling them, see the calculations above to decide prices.
    -> Additional website revenue from jackpots, games,etc. to increase your profit.
    -> Features like instant payment systems and attractiveness, good support and active forums are also very importan contributors.

I think that should summarize them up, but i still recommend that you read the full article if you wish to start a ptc business.

thanks for all your comments.

yogesh1099, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  7. InterestBlog

InterestBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice article, good flow. I was looking for very much the same info.

You said you are writing a script.......PTC script? Whats the offer price?

Also you mentioned all in all how to handle members, but how to get advertisers?

InterestBlog, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  8. yogesh1099

yogesh1099 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks, i hope you're benefitted from the info.

Yeah I'm writing a script based on these features and more, but not for selling purpose...but if you'd like to see it PM me.

Okay let me get to that aspect as well... first of all you should know that you can't expect anyone to advertise on the PTC on the first week or even a month of its launch unless you give free advertising which I do not recommend :) . And the other thing to remember is that you cannot wait for advertiser's to get to you before you can start the PTC. huh?? so wats the solution?

According to me the most wise thing to do would be to use your affiliate links/ referral links etc and rely on other strategies in on the PTC to get yourself the profit you deserve, the tips mentioned above will help you get out of this problem, actually thats the reason you need to use those strategies anyway.
    A PTC gets around a hundred thousand members within a span of 2-3 months (ofcourse it depends on what you are offering the members) and once you have that many members you'll have decent alexa and google pr as well and advertisers will be attracted to u website.

Another thing you could do is make the advertising option available to the members and offer them bonusses, they'll use their balances, atleast 1 out of 200 or 300 and thats really saying something in a PTC with more than a hundred thousand members.

Hope this helps you, any other question...just type it away :)

yogesh1099, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  9. dedeli

dedeli Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    NICE tips and good article, am planning short of that. working on a ptc program and this tips helped me a lot. Thank you yogesh1099

dedeli, Feb 9, 2013 IP