1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

tips for forum

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sprabhu, Sep 8, 2009.

Hi All,

i want few suggestion, i want to start a single forum containing various categories.

how to start....the forum..
    Please suggest..

sprabhu, Sep 8, 2009 IP
  2. Bill_Stanbrook

Bill_Stanbrook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking at free or paid forum software?

One tip that I can suggest is that you start off with the bare minimum number of boards, and add more as the need arises. With too many boards on a new forum, new posts tend to get lost, which discourages replies.

Also, start off with relatively generic board topics, and add more specific topics later. That way, new posters are more likely to find posts that they have an interest in replying to.

Bill_Stanbrook, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  3. rs-sales

rs-sales Peon

Best Answers:
    Take the advice given above this post, start off with a small number of forums, and expand when you have the right amount of posts and members.

If your heart isn't fully pledged into it, don't waste money on paid-for software, and just go with a free one, and upgrade if it works out.

rs-sales, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  4. sanyi007

sanyi007 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, start with a free forum software. If you are looking for a good one, which is easy to handle and secure, you should go with mybb. That one is really good, i use it myself too!

sanyi007, Sep 12, 2009 IP